cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount for multiple purchases is not working in either the cart or checkout

I have noticed that listings that have discounts for multiple purchases are not being applied when adding those multiple purchases to the cart and/or the checkout system.    

Example:     Widget sells for $10.00 each. 

If you buy 2, it's $9.00 each 

Buy 3 it's $8.50 each 

Buy 4 or more it's $8.00 each.    

If I put 4 in my cart, the total should be $32.00 but it's coming out at $40.00.    

I have tried this on multiple sellers listings and the problem happens every time.   Another glitch?

The checkout system has the same issue as well.  I tried to enter 4 units and hit BIN and the checkout system does not apply the discounts there either.    

Can others check this out and see if it's just me?  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Great news! 

The checkout system is now applying the shipping discounts 🙂

The cart is still not showing the discounts but at least when buyers go to the checkout, the discounts now show up.

It's progress! 😊

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@hurryagain,

If the purchase was a single one from one seller, pay for the purchases directly from the listing, not the Cart.  The cart has problems displaying multiple quantity discount prices until check out, just like it has problems with auction wins.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@mudshark61369 

On Sunday and Monday the checkout system was not reflecting the discounts either... it was charging me for buying the regular price x 4.  I could not get the discouns. 

I kept trying the checkout system twice a day until Tuesday,  the checkout started to reflect the discounts.

🙂

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@hurryagain,

Sounds like there was a glitch that has been fixed.  Was this happening to you on the app or when logged in the classic way or on both?  Maybe only one of the systems was affected. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@mudshark61369 

I was logged in the classic way.  I don't like the app even when I use my phone 😂

I thought the same thing, that it must have been a glitch that they fixed. . I had originally posted this issue on the technical issues board but no one replied when I asked if anyone else was having this issue so I posted it on this board.

I was/am just happy that it is working correctly.  🙂

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm having the same issue and it occurs when adding to basket or 'buy now'.

How can this be a thing in 2024?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply