cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

Please review the below and let me know if this is legit. I think it's a scam.

This is how I would like to handle the sale:
- I will contact eBay motors and give all the info about this deal.
- They will send us an invoice by email.
- You will send the payment to eBay motors and I will send the jet's to your location.
- They will hold payment until you will confirm that you are in possession of the jet's.
- After you will receive the jet's, you will have 5 days time to inspect it.
- If you like it and the jet's and trailer is OK, you have to announce them to release the funds to me. Only then, eBay motors will send me the money. If for any reasons you won't be satisfied with them, you notify eBay motors and they will fully refund you in max 24 hours and I will pay for the returning fees.  
The estimated time of delivery is 2 to 3 days, they will deliver them on a flatbed truck. Please provide me with your full name and shipping address so I can register the deal with eBay motors.They will tell you everything you will like to know about the whole deal.

Previous email:

The Jet's are already at our Military Logistic Department crated and ready to go. I've asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect them but their reply was: "We are not a showroom!". The Logistic Department will deliver the jet's to your home so the shipping is free for you. Since the jet's are in a military base, with no access you can not go there and take it, only the Logistic Department can deliver it, because the jet's are in their custody. Shipping may take anywhere between 2 to 3 business days depending on the destination. All the documents you need for ownership; titles, manuals and the bill of sale, etc.. will be provided along with the jet's ( titles and the bill of sale will be notarized by a notary public ). 
I need to know if you are interested in buying it so I can ask eBay to send you the details on how this works. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay ( your full name, your full shipping address and mobil phone no. #) so we can get things started.
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

It's a common scam.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

Reading these boards has been a real education. This is a common scam, but I'd never heard of it. Now that I think of it, I did see something similar on craigslist when looking for a place to live. The person posted a room being available, I emailed her. She responded that I should go by such and such a house to look at the outside. She was "in the Phillippines doing missionary work" if I remember correctly. Then I would send her the deposit and her agent here would show me the place. Yeah, right. I told her I knew this was a scam and she ought to be ashamed of herself.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

>>>>   SCAM   <<<<

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

I'm curious. Exactly what kind of jet were you trying to buy on Craigslist ?

Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.
This signature was created using 100% all natural, organic, gluten free, free range pixels
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

Take the advice of all the previous posters: don't just walk away from this situation, RUN AWAY as fast as you can!

Scam, scam scam!!

Of course I talk to myself --
Sometimes I need expert advice.
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

Before I forget, I am so very, very happy you had the foresight to come to these forums and ask for opinions before completing the scammy deal.

Over many years, we read about people that already sent money and never received the item (usually a car is the most common item for scammers to "sell").  Buyers would come to these forums after the fact, asking for help getting back their money but, by that time, it is too late.

Bravo for you coming here first before attempting to send the money.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

"I'm curious. Exactly what kind of jet were you trying to buy on Craigslist ?"

Probably jet skis. I don't think an F-35 would fit in a trailer.
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

@chip55 wrote:

But it would look pretty darn cool parked right next to it 😉

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

If you want cool, go for an SR-71. 🙂
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

@radka75 wrote:

@chip55 wrote:

But it would look pretty darn cool parked right next to it 😉

Reminds me of a story I heard from about 3-4 years ago about a young child doing a BIN for a harrier jet on ebay from the UK.  When the father found out, he panicked and called the aviation company to say he could not pay -- made international news and got a lot of attention.  I guess the child did not have over $110000 in his piggy bank. I just remembered that real jets have been auctioned on ebay (or sold at BIN) in the past. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

You reminded me of The Big Bang Theory when Leonard bid on time machine thinking it was a miniture model. He wanted to be "part of it" and thought someone will outsnipe him. (they were cheering, comon sniper, snipe) And they delivered full size time machine.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

If I had room for one, I'd like an XB-70! Maybe if I dropped the wingtips it would fit....

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

WAlk away when you could
One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Craigslist and Ebay Scam

My husband and I always wanted a C-5.Cat Very Happy  We always knew when a C-5 was flying over and would run outside to see it.  C-141s and KC-135s are cool too.

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 15 of 29
latest reply