cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covering up fraud

The Help and Support Center consistently removes negative reviews from buyers and sellers due to the receipt of goods of inadequate quality. It does not respond in any way to appropriate requests and simply covers up the scammers. How to deal with this???

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Covering up fraud

@navigator142,

If you receive an item that is not as described, and file a Not As Described dispute through ebay, you will get a refund, unless you do not follow through by asking ebay to step in within 30 days of filing the dispute. If all you did was to contact the seller to try and get a refund, then you did not use The Money Back Guarantee to force the seller to give a refund.  If this is about the seller based in China you never should have bought from them in the first place.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Covering up fraud

Since eBay's rules forbid leaving negative FB for buyers, there should never be any that requires removal.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Covering up fraud

If an MBG case was opened and the seller has met their obligations any negative or neutral feedback is removed.  You can find the Seller Protection policy by searching in Help & Contact.

Buyers can’t receive negative or neutral feedback since 2008.

IMG_1199.jpeg

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Covering up fraud

Feedback is to rate the seller not the item itself.  There are places to rate items.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Covering up fraud

Hello!
The question is not that I received the money, but that the seller did not pay me for the delivery of this thing that does not meet any concept of quality. That I paid customs duties for this. And my losses cost me 130 euros. And what do we see in the end? This scammer has a clean history made by your own hands. Do you have a modest percentage of this? Are you sponsoring scammers? Or are you globally interested in turning eBay into a platform for deceiving users? Why do you constantly delete all negative reviews from this seller? I counted at least 5 such cases? This is more than enough to doubt the business reputation of your administration.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Covering up fraud

@navigator142,

First of all, none of us who have replied to your topic, is an ebay employee. We are all members who buy and sell on ebay just like you.  We have no power to change ebay's policies.  We are also all located in the U.S. and are not familiar with how customs fees are dealt with in Estonia or the E.U.. 

If you signed up to use ebay from one of their sites based in Europe, like the ones based in Germany, France, or the U.K..  You might get better information from that site's community.

"The question is not that I received the money, but that the seller did not pay me for the delivery of this thing that does not meet any concept of quality. That I paid customs duties for this. And my losses cost me 130 euros".

That information should have been a part of your first post.  From what you've written, my guess is that you contacted the seller and they sent you a refund for the item only, and not for the shipping or customs fees.  

Did your seller ship the item using ebay's international shipping service, where the seller pays to ship the item to an ebay center in their country, then you receive a second invoice for the international shipping cost and customs fees?

If the seller issued a refund, without you having to return the item, I doubt your customs service would refund the fees, because you did not send it back. 

If you paid fees to Estonia's customs service directly, those fees you would have to try and get by filing a claim through them, but again since you still have the item they may refuse to do that.

Since the seller refunded you even though it was not the full amount, that would qualify your feedback for removal.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply