cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit items

I have had 3 issues now with buying counterfeit items. I thought, I was getting a good deal on some refurbished Airpod Pros 2 Gen 2 but clearly I got spammed. The first ones had all the signs of looking and feeling real and the seller did say that they were brand new in the box still sealed. They did have all the serial numbers but once I put them in the noise cancelation didn't work. I took them to the Apple Store, and sure enough, they did not pass the hearing tests. So, they sent them in for service and he called me back and said,  they are indeed fake. The guy at Apple said they even fooled them because of how real they looked. 

I just got a second pair and this seller said that they were real and had all the serial numbers, and they were refurbished. Once I got them I could tell immediately that these were fake as well. The box was smaller than the original box, and the Airpod Pros were lighter. I took them into the Apple store and a few days later they said YUP these are fake as well. So, if it is a good deal on some Airpods, they are likely fake. 

On a side note the customer service has been amazing I wish there was more protection for us customers to ensure things are not counterfeit. The customer service has resolved both issues for me. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Counterfeit items

There's no way Ebay can check each item to make sure it's legit, that's why they have the MBG.

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Counterfeit items

There's no way Ebay can check each item to make sure it's legit, that's why they have the MBG.

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Counterfeit items

Thank you. I just finished talking to customer service and they got it all taken care of. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply