cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Jacket

I bought an Arcteryx on Feb 8 2024. The zipper broke so I sent it to the manufacturer for a fix and they claimed I bought a counterfeit item. Its way past the review or return date. Do I have any recourse? Seems like ebay is weak in this area. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Counterfeit Jacket

@irvinecove 

If you paid with Paypal you can open a case there. But you would need to open it by May 20, as they're changing their timeframe to open a not as described case to 30 days then. That's down from their current 180-day deadline. Or you can see if you can still dispute the charge with your credit card. They're required to accept disputes for 60 days past the first bill on which the charge appears, although some will accept disputes longer.

The moral is that no place gives you unlimited time to discover something is fake. So it's best to check your purchases when you receive them.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Counterfeit Jacket

@irvinecove wrote:

I bought an Arcteryx on Feb 8 2024. The zipper broke so I sent it to the manufacturer for a fix and they claimed I bought a counterfeit item. Its way past the review or return date. Do I have any recourse? Seems like ebay is weak in this area. 

kathiec sums it up best.

The moral is that no place gives you unlimited time to discover something is fake. So it's best to check your purchases when you receive them.

To add to that, if you want to take advantage of any manufacture warranty, you should also make sure you are purchasing from an authorized dealer. If you are unsure, you can contact the manufacture who is a dealer or not.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply