cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Ernie Ball Slinky Guitar Strings

I purchased Ernie Ball Slinky Bass Guitar Strings from a seller on eBay.

The item was shipped from China, so I became suspicious since Ernie Ball strings are made in California, USA.

They do not manufacture strings in China.

I discovered the way to identify counterfeit Ernie Ball strings in an online post.

I reported the counterfeit item to eBay.

I tried to reach out to eBay customer service, but that was useless.

eBay has no customer service any more.  There is no way to speak to a live human.

eBay money back guarantees are a joke.  Trying to get a refund was a waste of time.

I eventually turned to Paypal and after waiting a month, they gave me a courtesy voucher for the amount of the purchase.  That made me very happy with Paypal.  I am still extremely dissatisfied with eBay.

I have made something like 300 purchases on eBay and have been a satisfied customer for 15 years or more.

I will be very wary about buying anything on eBay in the future.

There are a lot of scammers out there and its hard to know who is legit.

eBay's supposed guarantees are a joke.

They do not stand behind the buyer guarantees that they claim to offer.

If you have a problem, good luck.  You won't find any help from eBay.

Buyer be very aware.

I will probably never buy anything through eBay again after this experience.

RL

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

EBay has a very effective Money Back Guarantee, and there's no reason to contact customer service to use it. All you have to do is go to the item in your purchase history, select return, and select that the item was not as described. EBay will send you a return shipping label and refund you when the seller receives the item. In the case of a foreign seller who can't provide a shipping label, eBay requires that they send you the return shipping cost upfront. If they don't, eBay will refund you without requiring that the item be returned.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Also you will see a tincy tiny little report button the right hand side of the listing parallel to the description shipping tab

glasser_0-1637181659674.png

You can select through to report the counterfeit. If there area lot of these, you might want to let Ernie Ball know as well. Not every brand is aware of the scammers.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The seller of this counterfeit item was removed from eBay but I was never composted for the loss by eBay.  This experience has left me with the impression that eBay doesn’t honor their guarantees.  Buyer beware.   If something goes wrong with your transaction you are on your own.  There is no live customer service on eBay. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Meant to say I was never compensated for the loss by eBay.  Changed by auto spell checker. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

As another poster has mentioned, the MBG is effective if you use it correctly and in a timely fashion.

You don't need CS.  Just follow the directions given.  The fact that you chose not to use the MBG in no way indicate that it does not work.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If the seller is no longer registered and you can not pursue a case on eBay, you may still have recourse through PayPal (if you used PayPal) or through your credit card. Check with your payment source for details of how to take advantage of that.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe...

It appears the OP was able to get a refund through PayPal in this case.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You might want to consider turning off auto spell. It's the very first thing I do whenever I get a new computer.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@ricklambert wrote:

Meant to say I was never compensated for the loss by eBay.  Changed by auto spell checker. 

On the other hand, this whole thing must have left you feeling a bit composted.    🙂

If you want to help stop these counterfeits, contact Ernie Ball and suggest Ernie Ball become a part of eBay's VeRO program.  When a VeRO member reports a listing, it gets taken down at lightning speed and the seller is sanctioned.

Just a thought.

=

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Just get them from Sweetwater . If the deal is to good to be true it is! 👍

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply