cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine shipping ...

Hi there ,

Lately , I can't ask / wait for a combine shipping from a seller  . It is automatically charging any bid I win , though they are from the same seller . By the time I finish with the bid , they are all paid for 😞 . And I'll have to ask the seller for refunding the extra I paid for the shipping 😞

Is there a way to go back to the old settings , where I am not immediately / automatically charged every single time I win  ?! Jut so I can ask for a combine shipping first ...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Combine shipping ...

@azagrean2012 wrote:

I'll have to ask the seller for refunding the extra I paid for the shipping 

Another problem is, if the seller refunds the shipping overage by discounting one of your auto-paid items, you cannot get a full refund for that item if it has a problem.

For example, if you auto-paid for three items

-- $50

-- $30

-- $10

then the seller refunds the $10 item for the overpaid shipping, you cannot return the $10 item for a refund.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Combine shipping ...

@azagrean2012 

Your ID has been forced into eBay's new program where you have to provide a payment source in order to bid. Do you remember choosing one after you were presented "NEW SMOOTHER CHECKOUT" pop up form before you could proceed?   

It is not really smoother.  What it actually does is pay for your auction wins (with full shipping on each as they close), remove the option for a combined total to save on shipping, and limit your payment choices....all for your "convenience" according to eBay. 

Buyers cannot remove themselves from this program.  The seller has a choice, however, but the options were added to their accounts without notice so many do not even know they are there: 

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Buyer Payment Requirements

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they place a bid.

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.

This program was eBay's answer to the non-paying bidder problem.  Instead of simply dispensing with non-payers,  eBay chose this method and is enrolling more buyer IDs daily into this.  It makes more money for eBay as buyers pay more, and so do sellers when multiple items from the same seller/buyer are concerned. 

Some sellers like it. Others keep wondering why they no longer get offers, and the number of their bidders has declined.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Combine shipping ...

Sad at a time when ebay should be acting to encourage not deter buyers from purchasing multiple items from the same seller.

Auto pay is not a convenience but a inconvenience & a disincentive for multiple item buyers seeking discounted combined shipping!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply