cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't return item because dispute on paypal.

Bought an item. It's a laptop. It's locked by some enterprise software. The seller is a big refurbished electronics seller. I got it, and I was extremely upset because it was also missing the charger. I initiated a refund on PayPal. Then tried to start the return on eBay. It says I cannot since I started one on PayPal. I just want to return the thing. The problem is if I cancel the case on PayPal it will likely not allow me to start the return on eBay. Because ya know, I don't have trust in their communication between services because well here I am without any ACTUAL help from EBAY. Talking to people in the community who have likely been screwed over by this platform in one way or another. 

I haven't bought from eBay in years and I am starting to understand why. 

If someone could tell me if I cancel my refund case on PayPal, that I will be able to return this thru EBAY. 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Doing a dispute on Pay Pal (or your banking institution credit card) kind of over rules eBay.

We can't do both. You kinda went above what eBay can do.

Perhaps others here can explain it more or correctly...but it's with Pay Pal which we use our banking resources to pay our bills on eBay. You did a charge back I believe but I could be wrong.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sorry, once you opened a case with Pay Pal, you can no longer do anything through Ebay.

You'll have to work with Pay Pal and you'll have to pay return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 3
latest reply