cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy Now Item described as an 8 quart, but when purchased described as 6 quarts. How to stop payment

I have sent a message to the seller asking for clarification if it is an 8 quart IP.  Also advised that I do not want if not an 8 quart.  At MPN it states 8 quart.  I do not even want it shipped if it is not an 8 quart.  How to proceed?

txloon_0-1592768114239.png

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Buy Now Item described as an 8 quart, but when purchased described as 6 quarts. How to stop payment

Email the seller this concern asap, tell them it will be returned at their expense if it is not 8QT.  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@txloon wrote:

I have sent a message to the seller asking for clarification if it is an 8 quart IP.  Also advised that I do not want if not an 8 quart.  At MPN it states 8 quart.  I do not even want it shipped if it is not an 8 quart.  How to proceed?

Why would you buy it if you weren't sure of the size? Why didn't you wait for the seller's answer? If they didn't answer, why would you buy it anyway? Now you're going to have to jump through all sorts of hoops if you don't get the size you want.

Anyway--that seller's account looks so hot I could fry an egg on it. I'll be surprised if you end up getting anything.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@txloon 

I would not buy from a (0) feedback seller who has a 5 day handling time and is located in Phoenix Az., which has become a popular location used by chinese sellers or drop shippers.   No real (0) U.S. based seller would be able to list 20 items with multiple quantity. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

To me it sounds like the difference in size did not come up until the item was already bought, not before.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@redmodelt wrote:

To me it sounds like the difference in size did not come up until the item was already bought, not before.

You mean, you think the OP didn't read the item description until after s/he purchased it? Why would a buyer make a purchase first and then read about what s/he just bought? That just doesn't make any sense. That can't be what the OP meant . . .

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I can see why you were confused, it lists both 6 and 8, MPN is 8q, but description says 6 q, its probably the 6q, and the person just copied and pasted the MPN of the larger size, who knows what Ebay will rule, since it lists both the 8 and 6 q, size, when it arrives, you can file item not as described, then a person will review the case, they may or may not rule in your favor, since seller did list 6 in item size, but copy and pasted the 8 in MPN, but yes there is a clear difference, walmart sells the 8 q for $20 more then the 6 q, I would try anyway, maybe they will rule in your favor due to the mix up.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The seller is a scammer. The OP isn't going to receive anything but complications and heartache.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I did not see the additional size which was added until immediately after I ordered it.  The first size listed was an 8 quart; I never though to see if an additional size was also listed in the description, pburn.  Once the order was completed, then the receipt showed it was a 6 quart.  Borders on deception, IMO.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

That is correct, redmodeit.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I wish I knew how to tell if sellers are scammers.  In my long history of purchasing from eBay sellers, this type situation has never happened. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I would appreciate your help in locating the resolution center.  I have searched for it, but only existing discussions show up.  I want to send a message to the resolution center about this.  Thank you in advance.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@txloon wrote:

I would appreciate your help in locating the resolution center.  I have searched for it, but only existing discussions show up.  I want to send a message to the resolution center about this.  Thank you in advance.

@txloon 

There's a link to the Resolution Center on every eBay page. On the desktop version, it's at the bottom of every page, right in the middle:

Capture.JPG

You may also access the return/refund process through the item listing on your Purchase History page, or use this link:

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

The Resolution Center isn't going to do you any good, though, until you receive (or don't receive) your item. You don't know yet which size unit it is until you get it, right? 

In the Resolution Center, a buyer has two options for filing for a return/refund:

1. I haven't received it yet.
  2. I received an item that does not match the seller's description.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thank you, pburn.  Received a message from eBay stating:  "The item you won is no longer available

Hello txloon,

We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account:
363025638746 - Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker" 

They also said to wait until I had or had not received item to open a case.  Now I have no access to the seller.  Checked with PayPal, because they have always in the past had an email address for the seller, however, this time there is no email address listed with the seller in PayPal. 

So guess, I am now playing a wait and see game.

Thank you all for your thoughts and comments.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply