cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid can’t be completed while I’m on on vacation.

I’m trying to bid on something that ebay has listed as a “military item”, when I try to bid it says international buyers are restricted. I am a USA citizen, my address is in the USA, I am just currently on vacation outside the USA. A vpn won’t work for trying to bid either.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@gumpfeelings,

It is probably the ISP address you are connecting from that is causing the restriction notice. That notice may not mean that you cannot bid on the item, it is just a warning that buyers from outside the U.S. may not be able to have the item shipped to them. 

Try placing a bid on the item for the minimum increment showing. If it gets refused, then you will know if you should continue trying to bid or not. 

Since you are an inexperienced ebay member, and outside of the country the count down clock for the auction could be off by quite a few minutes.  If you do not know how ebay's Automatic bidding system works, read the info in the link below and click on the links to the other articles on that page.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/bidding/bidding?id=4003

When placing an automatic bid, it is best to wait until near the end of an auction to do that. When you place that bid it should be for the Most you are willing to pay for the item including the shipping, plus a few odd cents. A few extra pennies added to a bid can break a tie, if another bidder has already placed an automatic bid for the same even dollar amount as you. Believe it or not, if you bid one penny more than their maximum bid you can win an auction by that much.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@gumpfeelings wrote:

I’m trying to bid on something that ebay has listed as a “military item”, when I try to bid it says international buyers are restricted. I am a USA citizen, my address is in the USA, I am just currently on vacation outside the USA. A vpn won’t work for trying to bid either.

Have you tried using a sniping app?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply