cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Payment Worries

Good afternoon everyone

Let me start off by saying I'm somewhat of a worrier, so I'm currently worried about this lol. On Friday the 15th I bought an item off ebay through best offer/autopayment. My offer went through and was auto-paid on the 15th at 605pm and is marked as such on my purchases tab. My worry or problem is that its now Sunday afternoon and while the charge does show up on my PayPal, there's no charge whatsoever in my bank account, not even a red pending charge.

I guess what makes this more worrying to me is I just won an auction at noon today through traditional bidding, paid right away and the charge is already on my PayPal and in my bank account in red pending. So, you know what's up with that? Did the buyer get the payment but its just pending for me because of the weekend? Should I be worried?, usually I would never bother the community with a random worry like this, but i managed to snag something for around half price so you can imagine i really want this to go through lol, thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Auto Payment Worries

@xtcjohn wrote:

1. My offer went through and was auto-paid on the 15th at 605pm and is marked as such on my purchases tab. My worry or problem is that its now Sunday afternoon and while

a. the charge does show up on my PayPal,

b. there's no charge whatsoever in my bank account, not even a red pending charge. 

2. I just won an auction at noon today through traditional bidding, paid right away and

a. the charge is already on my PayPal

b. and in my bank account in red pending. 

Sorry about our Confucius. What happened @xtcjohn is

-- 2(b) was charged to your bank account, exactly as you manually selected, but

-- 1(a) went to another funding source in your PayPal account: Review that Transaction Details page. 

It's deliberate, not an accident, to not charge the autopay the way you had it set up.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Auto Payment Worries

A read of ebay's money back guarantee should help reduce

the worry.

You paid what more can you do?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Auto Payment Worries

@xtcjohn wrote:

1. My offer went through and was auto-paid on the 15th at 605pm and is marked as such on my purchases tab. My worry or problem is that its now Sunday afternoon and while

a. the charge does show up on my PayPal,

b. there's no charge whatsoever in my bank account, not even a red pending charge. 

2. I just won an auction at noon today through traditional bidding, paid right away and

a. the charge is already on my PayPal

b. and in my bank account in red pending. 

Sorry about our Confucius. What happened @xtcjohn is

-- 2(b) was charged to your bank account, exactly as you manually selected, but

-- 1(a) went to another funding source in your PayPal account: Review that Transaction Details page. 

It's deliberate, not an accident, to not charge the autopay the way you had it set up.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Auto Payment Worries

You hit the nail on the head, I went to transaction details and 2B. As you put it was charged immediately to the card I have on my PayPal and and 1A was charged directly to my bank account despite me having my Visa(that funds from the same bank account by the way) set up as my preferred method of payment. 

I guess my hope at this point is that my bank just takes longer to process a transaction than a debit/visa transaction 

Thanks for your insight, I now at least have some kind of reasoning for the delay, fingers crossed it shows up on my account tomorrow Monday.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply