cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticity Guarantee Europe

Does auth guarantee not work in Europe? im located in Sweden and when I enter the auth guarantee filter I get no results on searches I should get 1000s on. I've tried both eBay.com and eBay.co.uk and none work. Why is this happening? am I doing something wrong or do they not have that in Europe/sweden? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There are different authentication services for different items. I don't know what particular item you're looking for, but I found this in the FAQ for sneaker authentication:

"Only items purchased on eBay.com are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee. Authenticated sneakers may be shipped to buyers in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Australia, inclusive of PO boxes. Items exceeding $2,500 shipping to Australia are not eligible for AG at this time. Currently, authenticated sneakers cannot be shipped to any other locations, including unincorporated territories (incl. Guam, Virgin Islands, North Mariana Islands, American Samoa and Palau) and U.S. Armed Forces bases."

I would assume the restriction on where authenticated items can be sent also applies to the other authentication services.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I don't know about the other sites but the Authenticity Guarantee on ebay.com is only set up for certain countries.  What were you trying to purchase? I don't think that all of the programs ship to the same countries but I don't recall ever seeing one that ships from the US to Europe.

If you go to the following link you can link on the different programs. Then you should see where that particular one ships to.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=3&pos=1&query...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Okay, sounds like a good answer. But say for an instance I bought a pair of sneakers, they turn out to be fake and there is not where in the listing that states that they are fake or reps. Wouldn't this go by the money back guarantee for like false info or fraudulent? 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@gsson_soles wrote:

Okay, sounds like a good answer. But say for an instance I bought a pair of sneakers, they turn out to be fake and there is not where in the listing that states that they are fake or reps. Wouldn't this go by the money back guarantee for like false info or fraudulent? 

If the listing doesn't have the Authenticity Guarantee it's covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee like every other listing. That means that if the item is not as described for any reason you can open a return case.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes, you could return them if they were fake. You have 30 days from the delivery date to file an item not as described return.  The seller would have to pay for return shipping. If they are in another country they would not be able to print a label for you but they could send you the money through a service such as Paypal.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes, if they turn out to be fake, you would be covered by the MBG for 30 days from the time you receive them.

Have a great day.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

But how would that work? I understand if I need to send the shoes back ofc. But what if the seller refuses to refund me? 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If you open a money back guarantee return and have proof that the item was returned you can ebay to help.  They will refund you and then charge the seller. When the transaction is international asking ebay to help isn't as easy as clicking a button but you can contact them through the help and contact link.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply