cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticator Scam

I just bought some Air Max1 sold as “New with Box”. Not “new with defects”. Received them and one sole is totally misplaced during glueing. Right foot is falling off the shoe. They authenticated and now saying as I showed them a photo of me wearing it in my carpeted bedroom they are no longer new. As soon as you try on a shoe it can’t be sold as new? What? It’s faulty and does not match the listed description. First tried to say Nike were known for poor QC so they were just like that. Then I’d tried them on so weren’t new. Then outsoles are worn. Good news is I have pics and footage of them being packed on the day of posting, including the pristine soles, so complaint is ongoing. I will NEVER use eBay authenticator or buy sneakers here again. First and last time. 

IMG_9201.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Authenticator Scam

@jungledundee,

You are right there are some issues with ebay's authentication process. However you taking a photo of a "new" shoe on your foot, was a mistake. You should just have taken photos of the worn down loose sole(s).

If you can reply to the message you received about the shoes now being "used"  and the image showed you wearing a sock when you took the photo. Reply to that saying "If I went to a store and tried on the shoes but they didn't fit. The clerk would put them back in stock and they would be sold to someone else as NEW!"  The photos in the listing show no wear on the soles, so how could I wear them down noticeably, in just a few days by just trying them on?  

I cannot say for sure if that will work or not, but it is worth a try.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Authenticator Scam

Thanks for your reply man but I didn’t notice they were totally faulty until I tried it on. The pics clearly show socks and the fault and the carpet and do do the photos I took of the repacking process show that the soles of the shoes are completely new and unmarked. 
The issue is a close physical inspection would have showed they were faulty and did not match the description.
I also explained it to the guy on the phone just as you did. Can I not try on shoes in a store and they are still new?  It’s not that I don’t want them, they are unusable. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Authenticator Scam

I also explained it to the guy on the phone just as you did.

Don't do any further communication with the seller except through ebay messaging.  Anything not recorded somehow becomes 'he said, she said' and would not be considered in a case.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 4 of 4
latest reply