cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you jinxed? or feel like it?

Has anyone else ( and I'm sure there are) paid for something from a new seller and that seller never sends the item or items you won? I've given and have taken chances on new sellers that have a 100% feedback, but with low numbers. This particular seller has sold several things to others, and they have gotten theirs within several days and said how this this seller is and things...BUT when I take that chance, for some reason I get the shaft and never get my item, and I have to get Ebay involved to get my money back every time. Talk is cheap when it comes to sellers who promise to mail the item out fast after asking them and make it sound like their sincere, but in reality, they're more con artist than honest.  So once again, I have to get Ebay to get my money back for me due to someone that seems to have no intention of mailing the item out. So curious as to if anyone else has this problem? Lesson learned again.. Even some sellers with a high numbered feedback will do this every so often too...but not as much.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

High risk items like Apple can have a problem like that. Most sellers are good.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Sorry you have had some bad luck.

Overall, most of the sellers I have purchased from have been fine.  Some have shipped slow, some had bad packaging practices, others had other issues, but if I had to put a number to them, probably had some sort of issue with maybe 1 in 20 purchases?  And of those, maybe 1 in a 100 where I had to get refunded or even leave a neg.

As a seller, I always ship immediately, I list exactly what I'm selling, I try to be very thorough and I take extra steps that most sellers don't to provide a good experience.

But not every seller is going to be the same, but most of us are great!

I took a chance on a low feedback seller that I bought a graphics card from.  Risky all around, but it ended up being an excellent transaction.  Exceeded expectations.  So it does happen, and I do buy from low feedback sellers sometimes.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Have been with Ebay for over 20 years and usually have good luck, but there's always gonna be some that do this where they don't send your item. Seems to be getting worse every year. People can say what they want to about Ebay this and that, but they will get your money back everytime if you don't get your item. The funny thing, is this seller has sent out every item purchased by other buyers, but then I came along and for some reason this seller chose me to do this to. I bought and paid for this thing last Friday, and he printed the label Saturday of last week..and still hasn't mailed it after telling me he would. It's supposed to be here by Monday the 18th from Washington State, so I doubt it's gonna get here by then...so if it isnt here, will have to get Ebay involved again.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I'm batting 1000 with all the new sellers I've taken a chance on...and that's been around 4 or more almost in a row...so after this, not gonna take that chance again. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

A lot of packages are not being scanned lately. So item could be in the mail just not getting scanned or even scanned as accepted. So as a seller and buyer you should understand this.

It's not the 18th of March yet. This is probably beyond the control of the buyer.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Can't say I blame you.  But for everyone with a bad experience like this, there are those with nothing but good experiences.  Doesn't help, but its how it is.

Think of it this way..  Your odds of getting 5 in a row is pretty slim. But looking at it from your perspective the odds are 4 out of 5.  lol

All you can do is go with your gut and if you don't like how a seller looks, find another.  *shrug

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I always allow other buyers to test the water and break in the new sellers. 

Many new sellers are way too busy these days. Too busy to ship.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Didn't we just have a thread about this ? 🤣

Not getting an item you paid for.. - The eBay Community

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The seller hasn't bothered taking to USPS yet...it says "still awaiting item" on their site and on ebay too. So gonna have to get Ebay involved yet again I'm afraid.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

and the thing is, I paid for it last Friday the  8th. He's had more than enough time to mail it..so I think he's planning on keeping the money or thinks he will...but I won't let that happen.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I have a package I mailed and it got delivered and I got positive feedback by buyer...a USPS Priority package that has not been scanned at all by USPS....doesn't mean I didn't take it to the post office. It just never got any type of scan after handing it to the clerk at the counter and paying for postage.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@scuby109,

'Has anyone else ( and I'm sure there are) paid for something from a new seller and that seller never sends the item or items you won? I've given and have taken chances on new sellers that have a 100% feedback, but with low numbers. This particular seller has sold several things to others, and they have gotten theirs within several days and said how this this seller is and things...BUT when I take that chance, for some reason I get the shaft and never get my item, and I have to get Ebay involved to get my money back every time'.

If you check the seller's feedback profile, chances are the (0) number is because they have not sold anything, before in over a year. A new or returning seller can have a fair number of feedback, but all for buying not selling before or in the last year, which would give them a 100% rating.  That's just one reason to check each seller's feedback profile page before buying from them.

New and returning sellers tend not to know about the 21 day hold ebay places on all new and returning sellers first few payments, or how to deal with it. On their account the see the payment status marked as Pending, and may create a shipping label, but will not ship until the status changes to Cleared.  They may take messages about shipping to be an attempt to scam them some how, and that's why they do not reply.

If you want the item, try messaging then again. Tell them if they have not shipped your item because of the Pending status of your payment, to do a Google search for "Payments on hold - ebay"  If they do that they will get the info needed to complete the transaction, and get the funds released sooner. If they don't reply or ship, then open a dispute the day after the last estimated delivery date.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

You no doubt know this, but why not just open an item not received case once the item is overdue?

And, yes, there are many buyers who have a bad experience with sellers.  Isn't that why eBay offers the Money Back Guarantee? 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Just curious because I no longer know how much information is available to others on eBay as I no longer sell.

But how do you know this seller has mailed out packages to every buyer except you? 

Obviously, you have enough experience to know what to do if your item doesn't arrive by Monday. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply