cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquiline Tracking within USA?

I bought an item a few days ago... the seller JUST sent out (like 5 AM their time).

Shows USA seller in Colorado using Aquiline. Dropshipper? Legit?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Aquiline helps sellers hide the true ship from location. Therefore a seller can avoid ebay's item location misrepresentation policy violation. 

It helps hide sellers from being labeled as drop shippers by ebay. The seller may very well be drop shipping from outside the USA. You will never know.

https://easync.io/articles/aquiline-converting-and-share-tracking/

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/item-location-policy?id=4244&st=3&pos=3&query=It...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping?id=4176&st=3...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Aquiline is not an actual shipper. It's a backend system that converts tracking that's not compatible with eBay to a number that is. It's used almost exclusively by sellers using Fulfilled by Amazon, where they warehouse their goods at an Amazon warehouse. Amazon tracking is only viewable to the Amazon account holder, hence the need for services like Aquiline.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Ok.. thanks... so I guess they are dropshipping (in a way).  I mean, if they ship this using USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc, they CAN add that tracking to my order. 

The seller claims to be USA based, their location is Colorado. AND they said I will get my order on Monday!?!?!? Which is a USPS holiday, and made me wonder if they are in another country and lying about being based in the US. 

Let's see what happens... thanks @kathiec  for your comment!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Fulfilled by Amazon is not dropshipping. Many large-volume sellers sell on both eBay and Amazon. They take their stock and use Amazon to warehouse and fulfill their orders. But unlike dropshipping, where sellers are just a middleman between the buyer and the owner of the goods, the FBA sellers actually own their inventory. 

Because Amazon is doing the fulfillment, the delivery is often done by Amazon couriers. So it's likely your order is coming from a nearby Amazon warehouse, not from Colorado. And yes, Amazon delivers on Sundays and holidays.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Aquiline helps sellers hide the true ship from location. Therefore a seller can avoid ebay's item location misrepresentation policy violation. 

It helps hide sellers from being labeled as drop shippers by ebay. The seller may very well be drop shipping from outside the USA. You will never know.

https://easync.io/articles/aquiline-converting-and-share-tracking/

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/item-location-policy?id=4244&st=3&pos=3&query=It...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping?id=4176&st=3...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thanks! I would hope once I get my item that there will be a ship from address on there... waiting with baited breath!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

So my item arrived Monday afternoon at about 4:00 PM (on a holiday) and didn't get a delivery notification until about 8:00 AM the next day. So even though the item was packaged in plastic, it sat in the snow all that time.

So Aquiline "tracking" STINKS!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@jerseyboymusic wrote:

Thanks! I would hope once I get my item that there will be a ship from address on there... waiting with baited breath! 

After you brushed off the snow @jerseyboymusic did the ship-from address say the seller/seller's company name, but with an Amazon warehouse address?

Or did it say Amazon/Amazon.com with an Amazon address?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

It had NO return address, but was in an Amazon plastic pouch

I got a message from the seller at 1:00 AM today telling me they expect this to be delivered  January 15th... what's up with that? It was like an automated message or something...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Your seller is obviously using Fulfilled by Amazon. It's absolutely legal on eBay. The alternative to a backend system like Aquiline would have been no tracking at all. And yes, I'm sure the message you received was automated. Only very large-volume sellers have enough stock for it be cost-effective to use FBA. It's actually quite possible that Amazon sent the email as part of their fulfillment services.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I guess my thing is "ship it with REAL tracking"... like ship using USPS Ground or something. 

This order did show tracking on Ebay, but all it was showing was "Handed to local delivery" several times, so I don't even know WHO delivered this!

But I will be more vigilant next time...

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Ok, your "thing" is not practical though... Amazon ships the way Amazon ships. The items are fulfilled by Amazon.... They will ship with Amazon shipping and Amazon's internal tracking numbers. 

There's no problem with any of this stuff... You CAN actually use aquiline tracking numbers if you put them into a 3rd party tracking website. 

Really, what you should be doing... is not buying junk on Ebay and just go to Amazon where the same product is almost certainly cheaper and sold by the same seller...

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

eBay deleted my feedback without even telling me!

The seller sent me bogus tracking information from Aquiline 

How can anyone be confident that the sellers feedback is accurate 

I’ve been on eBay for over 24 years sorry to say I will be closing my account if I don’t get a satisfactory outcome 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply