cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another One Of Ebay's Fixing Something That Is Not Broken ? / Now Its There New Best Offer Format !!

First I would love to know who they hire to sit around and make senseless stupid decisions that that they implement without fully thinking them through ? So about a week ago I sent a guy a best offer and then got a prompt that says review your offer : Which the first thing is how you would like to Pay, so because you only have two actual thing to choose from : Paypal or Credit/Debit along - So undenounced to me, I picked Paypal, well then the seller accepted my offer and they reached right into my Paypal account and took the money from my Paypal balance ? Mind you this was only a small ticket item, but then today I went to send a offer to another seller and this time knowing it was a much larger ticket item and my intention was to pay with my Paypal credit line, but low and behold they don't have an option for us to use our Pay pal credit line period. Witch gives me 90 days interest free or easy payments if I choose. So I just got off the phone with one of there representatives and he was bewildered by this and he had no explanation for why they are doing this and said hopefully they fix this in the next few months ??  I said a lot of good that does me now huh... I also said very infringing that they are now limiting our purchase power, as we build engines and I buy several parts of there site and my credit line is our main source of payment regarding bigger ticket items, but its ok to use my Paypal credit if its a buy it now item ?? This not only doesn't make an ounce of sense but now this buyer will be losing out on a sale with us and now I will be purchasing this item on Walmart.com or  Summit racing.. I have been a member for going on 21 yrs. and nobody deserves to be aggravated making a simple purchase and this is just another reason why there hands don't belong our cookie jars !! They don't have a clue what they are doing.... 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Another One Of Ebay's Fixing Something That Is Not Broken ? / Now Its There New Best Offer Format !!

You are able to pay using it. It doesn't show up. You have to click on other options to get to it. It happened to me today as well as it always does. My credit card always comes up first and you need to click to "other options"...I think it has a (+) sign for other payment which is the one you are looking for. Its there...but somewhat hidden.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@mantoys440,

You have to do as instructed in the last post in order to use PayPal.  Unfortunately, I do not think Paypal credit is an option since as you noted the payment is removed automatically, not through PayPal check out.

If you reached a rep directly by phone you may not have been speaking to an ebay rep. Now you have to ask to receive a call back to speak to one.   Even if you did that, ebay's reps do not know that all sellers who use Best Offer or list items as auctions, were opted into automatic payments, many without knowing it.  That system also prevents a seller from being able to send a combined shipping invoice.  They have to refund the shipping cost difference if they do combine shipping.

If you are prompted to enter a payment method when bidding on items or making an offer, the payment is removed from the account or card you use automatically once you or a seller accepts an offer. You may have to make a change on your PayPal account so that PayPal credit is your primary payment method for larger purchases and enter a debit/credit card for lower cost items so the payments come from that account.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I don't understand what they are doing !! I have never had a problem paying with any of my sources when buying on a best offer !! And I buy things several times a week on buy it now's and can pay without a problem with whatever payments I have on file. This newer prepaying/letting ebay taking our money for  best offer's is absolutely stupid, and no I cannot pay with my paypal credit because it will not let me add it / only paypal in general & a credit debit. That is why I called them yesterday and there Rep. had no answer to this nonsense, but totally understood ?? Its bad enough that when they went to there managed pay I had to give them ingress and egress to my bank account & now they want me to trust them to go in my Paypal account ?? This is bull / There isn't a company out there that has this right or wants this right period or is there one that will prevent me from using our credit line......

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Someone responded on a different thread the other day regarding automatic payments that it used to be that the seller could choose to require automatic payment, but that now the default choice was to require it, and the seller had to opt out if they did not want to require it. It apparently applies to bidding as well.

I am sure that one of the reasons eBay set up this "community" was so they had a way to get feedback without actually having to communicate with a customer, but I have to wonder, given what I have seen on this issue, whether real management is actually reviewing any of it, rather than farming that task out to the folks who are creating the problems to begin with.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I bet you are spot on my friend !! The Ebay Rep. didn't even have a answer to this issue & I joked with him and told him that they obviously have way to much money to continue dishing out to PC techs that don't have a clue what they are doing....  As my heading states / if it isn't broken don't fix it or at a minimum make it right before you implement something !! I am tired of giving them my blood and this is what I have to deal with, with absolutely no support  regarding a valid issue, and this doesn't help us as sellers either as to this best offer mess they paid to create / Just like the guy that just lost out on me buying his item 😞

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@mantoys440 wrote:

I joked with him and told him that they obviously have way to much money to continue dishing out to PC techs that don't have a clue what they are doing....

You're actually helping to pay for this, remember you ebay bucks?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

YEAH ....... EBAY MUST HAVE HEARD ME !!!  As I bought a small ticket item under a best offer last night and now it gives me all of the specific paypal payment options / So problem solved 🙂 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply