cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An auction I lost today is not showing up in my "Didn't Win" auction list.

I have not used ebay much I admit.  But I am computer savvy.  I had placed some bids in the last day on a couple different auctions, and in one case I bid on an item that the auction closed today - just a couple hours ago.  (I received an email earlier today confirming that at that time I had the highest bid; I understand the automatic bidding/sniping & max amount can be set - and I have not used that feature ever yet.)  So when I opened my browser & looked on my ebay account under "My Bids/Offers", one of the auctions I had bid on is listed in the top section under "Bidding" since that auction doesn't close for 5 more days.  But the other auction, which I lost, is NOT listed at all at the bottom section of that page under "Didn't Win".  

When I go back to my email from earlier today (when at that time I had the top bid), and I click on the link to that item's auction, it opens to ebay & a banner at top of page shows the item, then when I click on that, it just says "you didn't win this auction".  

I am frustrated that it is not showing at all who won the auction & what the winning bid is.  This was not a private listing, or any strange item (it was a flute).  For what reasons could this happen????  Please & thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I am frustrated that it is not showing at all who won the auction & what the winning bid is.

Bidder usernames are not displayed on eBay listings, but you should be able to see the amount of the final auction price.

What is the item number?

From time to time an auction ends and does not immediately appear on either the "sold" or "unsold" list -- this can delay the "pay now" link that normally appears at the end of the auction for the winner. This can be frustrating for all involved, obviously, including the seller. Usually auctions settle quickly after the end of the countdown, but once in a while there can be a significant delay.

It is possible to be in the lead as the auction countdown on your computer ends, but to still lose if eBay receives a valid bid before the end of the auction but too close to the end to send out outbid notices before the countdown on your computer goes to zero.

If you see a banner that says you did not win or you were outbid, it would appear that someone else has won.

Until you see the "pay now" link, do not assume you have won, even if eBay sends a message that says you have the high bid.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I am frustrated that it is not showing at all who won the auction & what the winning bid is.

Bidder usernames are not displayed on eBay listings, but you should be able to see the amount of the final auction price.

What is the item number?

From time to time an auction ends and does not immediately appear on either the "sold" or "unsold" list -- this can delay the "pay now" link that normally appears at the end of the auction for the winner. This can be frustrating for all involved, obviously, including the seller. Usually auctions settle quickly after the end of the countdown, but once in a while there can be a significant delay.

It is possible to be in the lead as the auction countdown on your computer ends, but to still lose if eBay receives a valid bid before the end of the auction but too close to the end to send out outbid notices before the countdown on your computer goes to zero.

If you see a banner that says you did not win or you were outbid, it would appear that someone else has won.

Until you see the "pay now" link, do not assume you have won, even if eBay sends a message that says you have the high bid.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Apparently Ebay's system is & was just being excessively slow on this item's auction.  Today I can see the amount of the winning bid, although this auction still doesn't show up under my account's 'Bids & Offers' - 'Didn't Win'.  I am just glad that I can now see what the winning bid amount was - to learn from this experience since I am a newby. Thanks so much for your answer & best regards!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You are very welcome. Glad to hear you can see the auction total now.

Normally auctions are updated immediately, but once in a while it seems to take a long time. That seems to be quite rare, though.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I've seen a report in the last day or two with a screenshot where the listing page showed the auction results as being pending for some time.  There had been an issue ever since the Countdown was in place of prematurely showing a "final" result that did not take into account a bid in the last couple of seconds so I always advised anyone watching the Countdown (which I don't advise except for entertainment) to wait a few seconds and refresh the page manually before relying on the displayed results.  I suspect they have finally caught up to fixing that (and as usual going overboard and delaying the results for far too long).

I also advise everyone to place any listing you will be bidding on onto your Watchlist (or another list for that purpose accessible from the Watchlist link) so you can always find it no matter the status of your bid (unless of course eBay removes the listing for problems with the seller or listing, in which case it totally disappears).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am having the same problem except it has been several days past the end of the auctions and I am not seeing the final auction price or the ended auction at all.  It stopped updating auctions I lost….very frustrating!  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I think I can answer your question definitively. You must have your email set up to sort or display received messages by some exclusive Subject line grouping, however you accomplish this. What happened is that fleaBay in their infinite wisdom around April 1st  decided to replace the informative: "You Didn't Win... (whatever item)"   or "(whatever item).... Sold for $(X amount)" or wording as such.. with much more patronizing, hatefully toned language, and it isn't sorted for you as before, and looks like this below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Item description)… is no longer listed     Inbox

eBay ✔ <ebay( at )ebay.com>                  

To me ↓                                                                     (date),  (time)
                          eBay
                           Sorry you missed out
                          (buyer name), This item is not available anymore
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  So on, and so on, that's all you get..

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am having the same problem except it has been several days past the end of the auctions and I am not seeing the final auction price or the ended auction at all. It stopped updating auctions I lost….very frustrating!

Are those auctions in your Watch List? Or your Recently Viewed? Or your Purchase History or your Didn't Win section of your Bids & Offers? Any listing you have bid on recently should be found one or more of those locations.

If you are certain you bid using this eBay account, perhaps the listings were removed by eBay for a policy violation.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply