cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I correct in this?

I ordered a shirt/tutu outfit for my daughter and haven't recieved it or tracking and it's past the date, so I opened an INR case.  I'm 99.9% sure I can't close it and reopen it if it doesn't comes, as the seller told me I could (between the swearing).  Is this correct or should I have closed it?  After the last message from him I do not plan on closing it.   I'm assuming I should leave the INR open, not respond to that last message (althought I really, REALLY want to) and close the INR ASAP?  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Am I correct in this?

Technically you are both right.

if you close an INR that you opened on EBAY, you cannot re-open it OR open a new INR with eBay. 

BUT if you paid with PayPal, you CAN close the eBay INR and then file one with PayPal. So you see, you are both right. 

That said.....don't close the case. Ask eBay to step in as soon as you can.  You can always repay the seller if the item arrives. They don't sound trustworthy and even though you could file with PayPal, it makes no sense to close the eBay case. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Am I correct in this?

Don't close the case.

Ask ebay to step in if need be.

Leave appropriate feedback.

Once you open something on Ebay, and close it, no, you cannot re open it.

I'm taking that as the context.  You could open with Paypal but I don't know that seller was alluding to that.  

Sorry you had to put up with that abuse; he is way out of line.  So far, he can't even SEE the line!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Am I correct in this?

missjen316 has given you the perfect advice, and I hope you take it.

I would like to say how horrified I am by the seller's inexcusable rudeness to you.  Please know that not all sellers are like this.  Most of us are nice and genuinely want to help our buyers. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply