cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertisements how to lose them

For quite a while now I see advertising when looking at listings. My connection speed is limited do to my physical location. These advertisements choke my connection badly.

How do I vanquish them to the dark ages? I’ve chatted my eBay support in the past to no end.

I end up going to amazon because of my frustration in dealing with these ads. Doesn’t eBay make enough money without advertising?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Are you using AdBlock Plus? It's free and stops all sorts of popups.

Many of the ads on eBay pages have been purchased from eBay by the advertisers and, while annoying, should not slow down your pages.

I've never seen an Amazon page without dozens of ads for similar and wildly different suggestions also posted. To the point where it can be difficult to figure out what is being sold.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Perhaps you need to turn on your ad blocker in your browser that should eliminate some of the advertising. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's not just the ads. You info is being sent to third party ad companies. More than one at a time. They then  send the ads.  All that slows things down. It also causes Java Script errors that slow or crash the page. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Perhaps you need to turn on your ad blocker in your browser that should eliminate some of the advertising. 

@ebooksdiva 

Perhaps I am wrong, but all the ad blocker does is allow you NOT TO SEE IT.  The stuff still loads in the background.   For some reason the one ad (Ad Choice) that typically shows moving screens/movie type things such as eBay's  recent obsession with dancing Miller beer cans (I don't drink beer LOL) and such was always problematic.  Nothing was clickable on the listing page (click to enlarge, photos, etc.) until that particular section loaded whether I chose to block viewing it or not.  

adpage.jpg

Message 5 of 5
latest reply