cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced search

How can I fix the advanced search box so that it retains my wording when returning to it.  I just want to modify the search and the box is blank after selecting "search" and then returning to it.  It never used to do this.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Advanced search

@hogcrazy 

< so that it retains my wording when returning to it >     

That isn't a function of eBay, it's a setting in your browser.  You might have lost it in an update or if you changed browsers.  Here's a suggestion for you to try, with the understanding that it might not work like you're wanting to do.  

On a desktop computer, use google (or bing or whatever) to search for How to turn on autofill in Firefox? if you use Firefox.  If your browser is something else like Chrome or Edge etc., substitute that for instead of Firefox. 

I stipulated desktop (or laptop) because I don't know anything about the mobile app.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Advanced search

@hogcrazy,

The same thing has been happening to me for years, but I never thought of trying to do what @gosimus suggested.  What I started doing when entering Advanced search titles I wasn't sure of, is to copy it, so if the results page didn't return relevant results or very few, when going back to the Advanced search I pasted it and made revisions in the search box.

You can also revise a search title in the main search box on the results page, as the original search wording and category, is already there.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Advanced search

The advanced search changed for me early last year. First all the location defaults changed to USA. I'm on .uk. Then it stopped remembering what you had entered. Just to make a simple change in your search you had to re-enter everything including the location.

It improved a little but I've virtually stopped using it. How it is still called "advanced" is a mystery to me.

Used to be able to whizz through searches by just making small changes to the search parameters, but no more.

I put it down to eBay programmers thinking - one click bad hundred clicks good.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply