cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A returned item, gone horribly wrong...

So this started on the 25th of July when I bought gaming mouse. I got it on the 13th of August, but when I got it I saw that the seller sent the wrong item so I started a return that same day and shipped it the next. on the 11th of September I get an email from ebay that the return was closed since they didn't receive the item and that the shipping number hasn't been updated for a while. I email the postal company asking why the status wasn't updated and they email me back 2 days later that the item already arrived on the at Ebay's return center at the 28th of August. I then contact ebay a few times and everytime they say that they'll check the item's status and try to find it. and today I tried asking them what about the return and they just said that they can't help me anymore and that I won't get my money back. So after 4 months since my purchase I got nothing and I didn't get a refund, worst experience I ever got shopping online....

tldr. I returned an item, and the request was closed without me getting a refund even though it arrived back to ebay...

if anyone has an advice on what to do I appreciate it.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @baris8411 . I'm not convinced this is an eIS transaction since they usually keep returns local. The best suggestion I can offer to try and resolve this through eBay is to give eBay CS a copy of the print out from Israel Post confirming delivery and ask them to appeal based on that delivery status. Good luck!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hey @baris8411 . Was this something shipped through eBay International Shipping?

To what country was the return being shipped?

When you track the return at a site like parcelsapp.com does it show a delivered status? If not, what's the last tracking scan?

Did you use a return shipping label that you purchased or was it provided by eBay?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I shipped it with Israel post to an ebay address in the us since I didn't get a label from ebay they just said I need to ship it myself and they would return the shipping amount with the refund, the tracking number lost tracking when leaving Israel so this could also just be the shipping company's fault for not updating it properly but after I contacted Israel post they said that they it was delivered so...  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

OK, so it sounds like an eIS sale. The problem is you need to be able to confirm delivery to get the refund. If the service you used did not offer end-to-end tracking then you have no way to prove delivery.

Did you do what I suggested and enter the tracking on parcelsapp.com to see what it shows you? If not, do that now and let us know @baris8411 .

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I check a while ago, I tried it now and it's the same it looks like it'Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 16.17.44.pngs lost

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Have you tried tracking on USPS.com just to make sure it doesn't have additional info?

You said Israel Post confirmed the package was delivered on Aug 28th. Can you go to Israel Post and ask them for a printout that confirms delivery? If you can get that proof of delivery you might be able to file an appeal with eBay.

In the future definitely make sure you're using a service that offers end-to-end tracking.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

ya the missing tracking is probably what screwed me over, I did get a printout from Israel post and ebay "investigated" but they just ignored it so that didn't help. what's weird is that on usps's website it can't even track it Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 16.44.09.png

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@baris8411 wrote:

ya the missing tracking is probably what screwed me over, I did get a printout from Israel post and ebay "investigated" but they just ignored it so that didn't help. 

With eBay it's always important to have tracking that confirms delivery for buyer / seller protections. Tough when you have to learn that the hard way and, trust me, you're not the first buyer or seller to run up against this. When shipping internationally not all services that offer tracking within your own country will extend that tracking beyond. Often times it requires a more expensive shipping method to get that kind of end-to-end tracking.

When you appealed with eBay did you take pics of the document from Israel Post and send it to eBay CS?

In the end if that tracking is not viewable online and it's exclusive to IP's internal system that might be all eBay looks at. Was hoping sending CS a photo of the document would help.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hey @baris8411 . I'm not convinced this is an eIS transaction since they usually keep returns local. The best suggestion I can offer to try and resolve this through eBay is to give eBay CS a copy of the print out from Israel Post confirming delivery and ask them to appeal based on that delivery status. Good luck!

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi , I'm not sure if this is an online transaction with a return system (eIS) because they usually handle returns locally. My advice is to share a copy of the Post delivery confirmation with eBay Customer Service. Ask them to review it for an appeal.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply