cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 Code Disappeared

I had a $10 off show on the ebay screen for $10 from ebay with a $50 purchase expiring 12/29/23. 
I used it for an "offer" on a product that was not accepted.  I called the phone number and was never able to get a person.  Somehow in the Contact Us area I was able to have the "Chat bot" icon show up so clicked there.  I got past the e-bot and asked to be called back, and an Agent called me back.

My code didn't just disappear, although once I entered it in my offer it never showed on the screen again.  It was not in a message / email nor was it PayPal.  It was $10 off from ebay with a $50 or more purchase by 12/29. 

The Agent I talked to couldn't see the code in my online offer, so she contacted the buying department.  They were able to look up my offer and see the code, so she gave me the original code back, I tried to use.   I just used the code and am very happy.  Every little bit helps. 

Maybe if you can get thru to an actual person / Agent, maybe they can re-issue you a code.  It seems others are having that problem too.  It shows up sometimes, then goes away.  Can't hurt to try asking an ebay person / Agent to get the code for you or give you another. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

$10 Code Disappeared

@peacefulgardner 

Thanks for posting about how to recover the coupon.  Hopefully, it is will help others I read a related article this morning, so apparently you are not alone. 

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/ebay-botches-10-off-50-holiday-discount-disappearing-coupon/ 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

$10 Code Disappeared

I was able to recover the disappearing coupon code with help from eBay's customer service.  The original post gave me the direction I needed. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

$10 Code Disappeared

I got that offer too. It was actually a popup which gives no indication where to find the code later. Luckily I copied the code to notepad = )

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 4
latest reply