cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to group and need button ID please?

hunkyqueen
Enthusiast

Hello...I have always loved buttons but never considered myself a collector~  Recently I purchased 12 jars of buttons from a gentleman who used to be a antiques dealer of sorts who was going "out of business" and I happened across his garage sale.  I've been oohing and aweing over these buttons for days now and will probably put most up for sale~  Three buttons are fascinating me at the moment...could you kind button lovers try and help me figure out what the heck I have here?? I'm pretty sure the one is copper, the other feels and sounds like bakelite and the flowered one is heavy metal with material on it?? I've never seen anything like these before....help please???  Thank-you~  New on ebay too!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New to group and need button ID please?

I can't pull up your photos sorry. Nancy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Click the little triangle next to where it says "attachments", they should pop up.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The top left button is metalized plastic, the one on the right is plastic, neither of those buttons would be considered collectible but they are kind of neat. The bottom one is imitation fabric black glass, it's the oldest and is moderately collectible, probably 1919 or so age-wise with a maximum value of $5-$7.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Glad some one knew, I am not real versed in identifying buttons. They are nice.

photo c0aee6c4-b992-4827-ae05-e33ad59c80ce_zpscc7c71c6.jpg
Message 5 of 5
latest reply