cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 100 Collectible American Picturebooks

I wrote this 10 piece article a couple of years ago (Craig was kind enough to cross-publish it on Bookthink) and in the past two weekends modified the navigation elements to make it easier to view. 

1. Made the left navigation menu 'sticky' so that as the reader scrolls down the page it remains accessible.
  2. Added 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons at the bottom of each page.

This weekend I've been attempting to make the site more mobile friendly - 60% of the user access is via a mobile platform. To that end I changed all the font sizing to be proportional to the screen.

I am readying the site as later this year I'm planning to publishing more content, so your constructive criticism would be welcome, and appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Thank you so much for the years of education I've received from you.

Phil

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@philohorse wrote:

Thank you so much for the years of education I've received from you.

Phil

You're welcome Phil, glad to be of some assistance.

I putz around with web coding stuff, and hand coded all of the website using a text editor. Today my project was to programatically get the content from the 1,200 posts on the Collectible Children's Books on eBay and push it into an Excel file.

I've never 'scraped' web pages, so had to figure out how to do that - there's a bunch of stuff on the web. After a couple of hours of effort, parsed out all the content into Excel, then printed a PDF which you can download here (since the file is 2MB probably best to right-click and 'Save link as' rather than clicking and opening the file in the browser).

Message 3 of 3
latest reply