cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Brand New SYI form boondoggle, it wasn't broke, so they fixed it up.

It's not spelled that way, but this is a family friendly page.

Yesterday, if I had an option selected--say a shipping policy, it stayed selected. Today I have the privilege of selecting it over and over and over and over again, somehow saving me time. 

Yesterday, to select a store category, I could type the first letter the list would jump to that area. Today I have the privilege of scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling to find what I want. Twice. 

Yesterday, to copy a name from, say Goodreads to the Title of my item I could drag and drop. Today, I have the privilige of returning to 1989 when drag and drop did not exist. 

Yesterday, if I was using an existing item to template my copy of the book and I wanted to change the order of the author and title to my preferred presentation, I could highlight, drag and drop from within the title field. Today, I have the privilege of retunring to 1989, when drag and drop did not exist. 

Yesterday, when I had to select from a huge menu of options describing stuff ebay seemed to think was important to their buyers, like if English was the language a book whose title was in English, I could type a single letter or two and the field would jump to that choice. Today, I have the distinct privilige of scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling if they don't offer it up in a balloon to check.

Yesterday, when I wanted to format my description I pushed a button and chose my formatting. Today I have to convince the gremlins behind the SYI form I really, really want to make my description more understandable by using common and proper English style formatting; and then they don't let me have half of what I used to have like indentation for a quoted paragraph or two. 

This is more than just I hate change--which I do. This is ridiculous and there is no option back to the old way of doing things.

eBay traffic is down 25+% over last year, and they waste their time on this crap?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Terrifying

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A conspiracy theory: Perhaps someone is profiting from the additional carpal tunnel claims due to the additional excessive scrolling and clicking?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi, I'm from eBay and I'm here to help. Hmm, maybe eLon could buy it and shed the deadwood. Happy Holidays All:)

Message 4 of 4
latest reply