cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been selected

I got a postcard in the mail saying I have been selected to be one of the first to join the new ebay payments experience.

Before I jump into this great opportunity, I thought I would ask if anybody else is aware of any problems with ebay payments..

They say there is a processing rate of 2.7%, but do not mention a tranaction fee like paypal has.

Will buyers use this system right away?  Just today I had a client say he could not figure out paypal.  Paypal has been here for a long time.

Any other suggestions before I jump in?

Mike

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have been selected

Once you agree you are NOT allowed to get out of it once the real terms aredecided about ebay fees.

RUN RUN RUN = I have to to believe after selling for 20 yrs anything Ebay suggests or begins is only for their increased revenues - screw the sellers.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have been selected

Mike

Take a look at the payment discussion board.  There has been a couple of posts about it. 

Matt

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have been selected

A facebook seller with a significant niche presence here has repeated the warnings below. In addition she has related night mares she has heard about regarding the availability of funds to eBay.

You seem a bit confused as you mention PayPal fees. The eBay system is in lieu of PayPal although I've no doubt that it uses the same software platform.

So the 2.7% fee is lower than PayPals, no surprise there. Check into whether there is a per transaction fee.  Credit cards charge them, so it would be unusual for eBay not to want that back.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have been selected

The new payment system reminds me of ebay's original billpoint payment system. Sales proceeds would be directly transferred into one's checking account, but good luck in determining if there were no errors, particularly if one had multiple sales processed on the same day. I'm not saying that ebay would intentionally not make the proper transfers, but one has to keep in mind the glitches on the site that ebay doesn't seem willing or able to fix.  Anyhow, I hardly feen comfortable about ebay having access to my checking account. Paypal may be slightly more expensive but in my experience it has been technologically efficient which is more than I can say for ebay. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have been selected

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have been selected

After reading the payments boards, I see the usual paranoia about not trusting ebay.  They do say once you join the new system, you can not go back to paypal until 2019 sometime.

My main concern is what will the per transaction fee be.  As Taylor mentioned, all credit cards charge it.  If ebay does not, that would be enough for me to switch.  But why don't they mention it?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have been selected

There will be a charge according to the Q & A page on the new system.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html#m22_tb_a1__4

"What does this mean for my seller fees?

Most sellers can expect lower overall selling costs. All sellers will also benefit from a simplified pricing structure and more visibility to sales and payouts.

The question is do you fall into the "most" category.

Another gripe I read is you can not do a partial refund.  For example if a customer buys several books and pays full postage there is no easy way refund excess postage, if you are inclined to do refunds for postage.  The suggested work around was to have the customer request a refund which may give you a "ding".

Message 8 of 8
latest reply