cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful BSB Archived Threads

A recent Google search turned up an BSB archived thread, whereas the same search on eBay Community did not find the same info. Epiphany me! Why not start a BSB thread connecting to helpful BSB archived threads?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

There is some helpful information on Packaging For High Value Items , but for long-time BSB users, there are memories of voices lost.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Great idea! And putting in the title of the thread helps with searchability. As you indicated, the archived threads are not searchable in the eBay community, although they do come up in Google sometimes.

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thinking about books.

@lludwig wrote:

I've noticed there are quite a few 'newcomers' to the BSB and thought some of them might be interested in book-related blogs and free emails about book-related subjects. I've found reading such not only increases my knowledge but sometimes gives me a heads-up on subjects that are 'hot' to list.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@christchurchpif wrote:

For the benefit of the book board community, we are asking that the book experts, as their time allows, post their experience, opinions, and helpful links to guide us all to answers on this, and other commonly asked questions posed in other FAQ links. The goal is to have this wisdom pinned to the top of the Book Sellers board, so it is requested that posters limit their wisdom to the topic at hand, and that individual questions not be posted to this thread. 

See FAQ about book terminology and grading.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@picture*books wrote:

A poster posted a question about a single list of the most valuable first editions published in the past 60 years. The collective reply is 'no such list exists'. Let's create it

Most valuable books published since 1950.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Doing some additional eBay 'web page scraping' today (in the spirit of learning to something new) see attached a list of all Archived BSB threads.

1. Sorted by threads with the most posts
  2. Thread Title
  3. Thread Author/Originator
  4. Thread Start Date
  5. Thread Last Post
  6. Starting paragraph

The Link column includes a hyperlink to the thread itself.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

If you want to search for those older threads, you can go to the archived board, and use the search box at the top of the page. It defaults to searching in that particular board, and it does work.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Booksellers/bd-p/archivebooksellers

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

cornercube: on label removal.
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Booksellers/Best-label-adhesive-remover/m-p/26663569#M54297
PS-a thread on boozgeois **bleep** removal would also be helpful.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Very useful and memory-provoking thread.

Not entirely sure what the four posts before this one are about, though.

I don't get why bbb56_123 thinks we need to know that's their user name in upper and lower case, or why they think their user name should be the thread subject title (and appears to be unsure of the spelling of 'your').

Also, why is picture*books now apparently selling exercise machines?

A preoccupation with the next world is a clear indication of an inability to cope credibly with this one.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply