cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask any question about any book Part II

Someone tell me why this is the first discussion on this board. It has not been updated or anything new added since October 6.

I know the book board is no longer as inclusive or friendly as it once was but still shouldn;t the most recent posts or comments move an item to the top?

I recently found that a booksellers page had been created last year under Collectibles to try and get a page that was more about the needs and questions of booksellers. Does not look like this is still active as nothing has been posted here for more than a year.  

I have great memories of discussions past - many from when I was still a lurker. Guess I keep hoping to see some of the same learned comments but guess those days are gone - Fake News

Michael

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ask any question about any book Part II

bestpaperboy re: "Ask any question about any book Part II" The last post on that thread is dated

12-04-2017 and it is a question which was asked by sigmapsidelta. When the question was asked, a duplicate thread then appeared 'at the top' under the pinned threads so that people would know there was an update, just as your thread is at the top under the pinned threads. The 10-06-2017 to which you refer is the second pinned thread titled "A book that looks like nothing."

The BSB had no input into which threads were pinned or the arrangement; however, IMO I think the "Ask any question about any book" is an excellent choice to have at the top, especially for people new to the board and have questions. The title of the thread lets people know that the thread is a good place to ask questions about books and/or the BSB is a good place to ask questions about books. By having it pinned to the top, it doesn't scroll away as some other valuable threads have unless they are bumped up such as "Collectible Children's Books." Although the "Book that looks like nothing" has not had a new post in a nearly 3 months, it is filled with valuable information and is quickly seen by newcomers. In addition, it is easily found by those who want to add to it instead of having to search for it.

When the powers that be pinned the threads I thought it was odd that "Looks like satnrose got his wish" was pinned. Someone must have liked Satnrose and/or the news of Bob Dylan!

Recently, the powers that be are putting threads that they think are important in Bold, some of which are pinned and others which are not.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply