cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 printing of The Haunted Bridge by Carolyn Keene volume 15 help please

I bought a  bunch of 2007 Nancy Drew Books one is the Haunted Bridge volume 15.  As a grandchild was  reading the book, she noticed that there are multiple duplicative pages through out the book.  For instance two page 41's - then page 56 in on one page and the next page is 25.  them the second page 56 - the next page is 89.     We thought it was odd and thought we'd ask if anyone had the same thing.  I am assuming these were printed enmasse and if so, then there must be thousands of them like this, but wasn't sure.  Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes it is a printer's error--probably in collation. Sounds like one signature (the book pages created from a single sheet being printed on both sides on an offset press) was missbound  and another not bound at all. 

Probably not very common in this particular print run of this particular book, but it happens all the time when one considers the vast number of books printed across the world. 

If you can take the book back, replace it with a good one. The error is not something that adds value, and the book cannot be read.  The story has been reprinted scads of times and it is probably available for really cheap if you look. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes it is a printer's error--probably in collation. Sounds like one signature (the book pages created from a single sheet being printed on both sides on an offset press) was missbound  and another not bound at all. 

Probably not very common in this particular print run of this particular book, but it happens all the time when one considers the vast number of books printed across the world. 

If you can take the book back, replace it with a good one. The error is not something that adds value, and the book cannot be read.  The story has been reprinted scads of times and it is probably available for really cheap if you look. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

AHHH ! That's where the haunting comes in ................. };}

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

lol

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much.  And here I thought they had an error printing.   Good to know.  No the books were purchased from a seller at a flea market.  I just bought the whole lot of them for a few bucks.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply