cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New group post

I saw an announcement of this group and dropped by.  Just testing to see if any of you are here.

Fig

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: New group post

This group is so confusing, I have to stand on my head to read the threads in the right order and it's driving me batty.

(((they'll move that comment to animals, I'm sure))).

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@the_linking_wizard wrote:

This group is so confusing, I have to stand on my head to read the threads in the right order and it's driving me batty.

I always thought that was a requirement for being a bookseller!  Smiley Surprised

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Oh, I found out in a different group that you can change that.  Apparently even if you have it set up in Discussion Boards, the Groups don't always remember that setting.

Click on the link "My Settings" and then click the tab for Preferences.  Click on "Linear Layout."  Make sure that the "Oldest First" radio button is clicked (not the Default one, but the one that just says "Oldest First").  Then, click on "Topic Layout" and select "Oldest First."

If this doesn't show it in the order you wish, try changing the selections.

Hope this helps...

Fig

----------
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I figured that out.

Haven't found the all-inclusive collectiles and landfill board tho'... where'd they hide that, I wonder?

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I figured that out.

Haven't found the all-inclusive collectiles and landfill board tho'... where'd they hide that, I wonder?

They posted somewhere else that this is taking them longer than previously announced.  They have not yet created that board, I don't think.  I'm pretty sure the other ones will disappear when they do create it.  That will probably be our signal. Smiley Happy

Fig

----------
Message 20 of 26
latest reply

at the rate they are going they will simply leave things the way they are and call it new and different

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

at the rate they are going they will simply leave things the way they are and call it new and different

And now they have posted that they are going to turn the BSB into a group, and not merge it with the Collectibles & Art board, .... and they say the same about many other Category-specific boards.  Woman MadWoman SadWoman SurprisedWoman Frustrated

Fig

----------
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Will that make us all  "groupies"?   just askin.   Cat Wink

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@ptdreamers wrote:

Will that make us all  "groupies"?   just askin.   Cat Wink

Yes, probably -- if we even use the groups! Woman Happy

I can't figure out how to get the topics in this group to open up at the latest post I've read.  I believe I have the correct option checked in Preferences.  Every time I open this topic it puts me back at the top.  Fortunately there are not a lot of posts to scroll through.

Fig

----------
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Iwent to "My Settings" and made posts "Latest first" for my choice.  It usually works............

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Under Linear Layout I already had checked the option for "Jump to first unread post in a topic."  I just unchecked and rechecked it again.  Maybe that will work.

I like displaying them with Oldest first... but generally on the discussion boards, if I click on a topic in which I've already read some, it will jump me down to the first unread post (as in the quoted phrase above).  That is what has not been happening in this group.

Fig

----------
Message 26 of 26
latest reply