cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller asking buyer to remove negative feedback

nacurry85
Pathfinder
Allowed or not? I left negative feedback for a seller, they wrote me and asked if they could give me a refund. After they processed that, they wrote me back again asking for me to change my feedback to positive. Hum?!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Its allowed,they can ask,you don't have to agree-if warranted you can even offer.If you agree they will send a revision request since sellers get a very limited numbers of those each year they do not want to send before you say you will

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes, feedback revisions are allowed.   It's up to you.  If you do revise your feedback, remember to also revise any low DSR star ratings you may have left.

By refunding you first before asking about a revision, the seller made it clear that your refund wasn't contingent upon you revising feedback.

Did you contact the seller first about the problem and give them a chance to make things right before you left negative feedback?  You should always contact the seller first - before opening a case or leaving feedback - if there's any kind of problem with your purchase.  Wait to leave feedback until after everything is resolved (or not resolved).

Feedback is supposed to rate the seller's performance, and is not supposed to be a product review.

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Wow almost 10% feedback either neg or neutral

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Wow 10% feedback ratio for negs vs pos??? Thanks for posting

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Interesting...

My screen is not showing the OP's (FB #) behind their user ID.

(FB #) IS displayed for all responders.

Wonder if this has something to do with ebay's/Jeff's "test"? ...am I "in" or "out" of the test?...or just partially "in"?? Smiley Frustrated

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@badgers_36 wrote:

Interesting...

My screen is not showing the OP's (FB #) behind their user ID.

(FB #) IS displayed for all responders.

Wonder if this has something to do with ebay's/Jeff's "test"? ...am I "in" or "out" of the test?...or just partially "in"?? Smiley Frustrated

Ditto.  I don't usually delve too deeply into posters' feedback, but I sure would like that option.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@badgers_36

"search by seller" brings up any ID & FB

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@genv,

The reply you added to this topic will probably never be seen by badgers_36, since they wrote it back in 2015, and have not been on these boards lately.  Please check the dates of topics before replying to them. Many are about topics that are no longer relevant due to ebay policy changes, and written by people who no longer use the boards.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@mudshark61369

Ha !

I never noticed the 'date'... but... I did notice the FB wasn't visible on the OP...

Thx, though... Happy selling.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply