Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Why does eBay Tax Shipping and Handling Fees?

I'm a very active eBay buyer and recently I looked into the 'sales tax' that eBay charges. It turns out that eBay not only taxes the item sales price, but also adds in the shipping and handling charges prior to calculating sales tax. I believe this n...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

defective ebay card

I bought an ebay gift card that does not work, the store that I purchased it - won't issue a replacement or refund, is there anything else that I can try?

MYSTERY: Purchased item listing now only visible to buyer & no longer searchable by item number.

I recently purchased an item and paid for it with PP. Shortly thereafter, the seller deleted the item listing. Now the original item listing is ONLY available to me, the buyer, through my purchased items list. Searching for the item number no longer ...

Defective EBay gift cards - missing redemption code

Purchased an EBay gift card and upon scratch-off the redemption code was removed. I did not “accidentally” scratch off anything. The instructions are to scratch the panel on the back. Period. If the redemption code scratches off, it’s a defective car...

New feedback form

Am I correct in understanding that you can no longer leave feedback for a buyer without rating the merits of the item you purchased? In other words, if you buy, say, a book, you have to read it and decide how much you liked it before you can assess t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 18 replies
  • 2 helpful

Need Quality/Secure Packaging as a Feedback Category

Has there been any serious discussion from ebay of adding a feedback category about the quality/security of packaging? When buying, I would much rather have that info than any of the current four categories (except maybe accurate description). I am a...

Do eBay charge £10 to issue a refund?

Hi, Bought 2 tyres yesterday and the deal was free postage or fitting. I ended up only needing one and the guy said he would issue a refund for 50% the total value. They have now charged me £10 for issuing the refund and are saying that is the charge...

Search keywords seem broken

Since about the beginning of the week ebay's search has been turning up way too many results for the terms I use when buying. In the postcard field many sellers use the tag RPPC to mean real photo postcard, but searching for that term now gives many ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

International buyer, woe upon you.

Buying from seller with Global shipping program may sound easy enough, so i decided it give it chance.I bought a item that was somewhat diffcult to find in my country. I made the purchase and immediately paid for the item. So far everything worked ou...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! eBay Account Blocked

I have a second eBay account (my first ebay account isn't blocked) i decided to check on the second account today and it says that my ebay account was permanently suspended (blocked) and I haven't done any suspicous things on it or break any of ebay ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors