cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with I.D. TIA😃

C7BC0964-80A0-462B-8D42-FE119890664F.jpeg

She has bent arms and her legs click 3 times. She is marked on the small of her back “Mattel 1966 Taiwan”.  Is she superstar Barb? Is she the European Edition perhaps? Thank You 😊 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Help with I.D. TIA😃

Hi Oldschool Smiley Wink

What you have there is indeed Superstar Barbie.  (as I type this, a big red banner popped up saying an unexpected error has occurred. )   Flashing red is never a good sign!  Anyway, back to Barbie business....she is model #9720 with a boxed date of 1976.  Thank goodness she still has her earrings in to make that a positive ID with also the side part in her hair.    Not sure about the euopean edition(new keyboard, so forgive all misspellings).   I would say no unless she has her box and outfit, still.

Sshe is nice. did you just acquire her?

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Help with I.D. TIA😃

Hi Shirls☺️Yes I just got her I think about a week ago at a thrift store and thought she was pretty.😍 I thought she was superstar! She did not come with a box or clothes🙃 But I see she has three top lashes and I read somewhere on the net that may mean she was a European Girl? Idk, she’s cute though right? I’m going to look for her dress because I believe she came with one. Thank You for your help. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Help with I.D. TIA😃

@oldschoolstyles

Hi!

Never would have considered counting lashes on this gal, but I looked in my Melillo book, and the Superstar there had either 4 or 5 lashes; it's getting harder for me to see this little stuff!   Interesting this one of yours has only 3.   It's too bad all the super knowledgeable people have flown the coup as I am sure, one of them would have known the answer right off the barbie bat! 

You know, I got to looking in this book; curious about the number of eyelashes now....I found a Barbie with superstar head, side part, same little faux diamond earrings, THREE eyelashes.  She is Roller Skating Barbie, 1980,  Model # 1880.  Made in Taiwan...headmarkings would bear 1976 year either inside or outside rim of neck/head.    She has pink lips and blush and has the bent arm frau frau look.    In the pictures, it appears the roller skating barbie has a lighter 'skin' where your superstar and the one in the book, appear pinker.  Could just be the photos tho.  Hmmm.

Well, I would still look for the superstar outfit, as it is pretty on the doll.  Out of curiosity, just how long is her hair?   Superstar's hairlength is to the waist, where roller skate barbie has mid-back length. 

Let me know what you have.  This is fun!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 4 of 4
latest reply