cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please. Is this a PJ doll? Numbers on underarms

Hello...I am curious if this is a PJ doll.  She has some interesting number/markings on her underarm near her armpit.  

BUTT MARKINGS:  Midge 1962 / Barbie 1958 / BY Mattel Inc. PATENTED

Thank you in advance for any and all information that helps me with my mystery!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It is a PJ head on a Midge body...two different dolls. Have a look at this link for helping to ID PJ doll and what type of body she would have. She should have pinker body with bendable legs. Numbers on arms don’t mean anything. Hope this helps.
https://dollreference.com/pj_doll.html
"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living. "
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The other poster is correct, PJ head diff. body....

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hello!  Thank you for the information.  I kind of suspected this outcome with the butt markings!   Have s wonderful week and again, I thank you!

Laurie

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Butt markings on Barbie and family dolls represent the year of the patent, not the year of manufacture (hence why we find 1958 bodies when Barbie wasn't produced until 1959.  Interestingly, the bodies marked 1958 were the American girl bendable leg dolls issued in 1965-66.  Dolls today that use the old standard design body are still marked 1966.  It is the country that is most important with the real vintage Barbie being marked Japan.  Followed by Taiwan, Korea, Mexico (talking) and a few Hong Kong.  Anything else is considered play dolls - Philippines, Malaysia, China.  Beware if you are told " I have vintage Barbie dolls to sell from 1966" you need to know what you are looking at or you could be ripped off.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the wealth of information.  Very helpful indeed!  Have a fab week!!  Lk

Message 6 of 6
latest reply