Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u.s.sellers charging un realistic postal charges

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: u.s.sellers charging un realistic postal charges

You would have to offer an example.  Most sellers use calculated shipping, so the charges should be very close to their actual cost.  The cost does change with size and distance, not just weight.  Especially if an item is over 1 cubic foot - the price can be surprising.

But still - shop by total price.  Don't go for the lowest item price, only to find out that the shipping is higher than the competition, without good reason.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A popular u.s. sellar charges$3.75 per small jewellery item, postage classed  as a large letter bubble wrapped and padded envelope.Other sellers are charging way over  the odds and the ebay shipping programme is a right royal rip off a.s

any items entering u.k. under £15.00 there are no charges or taxes

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It hard to tell without looking at a specific item, but I can tell you that the minimum cost to send a package with tracking to the UK is around $14.  The seller charging $3.75 is either sending without tracking, or is betting on average you buy more than 1 and pay $3.75 each.

The global shipping program is not good for small inexpensive items, especially when a buyer might purchase multiple items.  I never used it, since my buyers usually purchased around 5 items 🙂 I did have to charge $14 for international shipping to ship a 4 ounce package.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply