cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sent wrong item to buyer still in transit

Help!! Believe it or not, I included my iphone in a package I sent to a buyer. I know I am an idiot, but I did it while packing the item and doing a label. I have tried to contact the buyer and explain it. I have offered the bought item for free if they will just return the package and I will reship. I cannot seem to get them to respond to my messages the last two days. I see they have over a thousand ratings and I am just couple times a year Ebayer.

I-Phone tracked on Find My I-Phone App and it is exactly where tracking shows it with a Monday Delivery.

ANY suggestions welcome. FYI, I did try the "Recall your Package" on USPS but is Not Available.

Ted

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@wernibidder 

I'm sorry this happened to you. It goes without saying that the Buyer is under no obligation to return your phone.

If the Buyer refuses the package, they lose their Buyer Protections. I would think they would open the package to see the item they paid for. At this point, you could text them and ask them to read your messages. If they agree to return the phone, you would need to send a label. Be sure to include enough insurance for the return. Best of luck.

eBay Seller Leader: Detroit-Ann Arbor In-Person eBay Networking Events
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, I assume my messages are appearing now on her EBay account. Or will they not appear until it is delivered?

thanks, Ted

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@wernibidder 

Your Buyer would already have your messages. Buyers don't sign in to their eBay accounts like Sellers do. She might work during the week and respond over the weekend.

I feel so bad for you!

eBay Seller Leader: Detroit-Ann Arbor In-Person eBay Networking Events
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, when I finally did “Find my Phone” after looking everywhere and it was in Georgia, the combination of frustration and embarrassment was top 3 in my 77 years!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You should have your buyer’s phone number on the order details page.

Try calling them.

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 6 of 6
latest reply