I REFUNDED the buyer

USPS SCANNED THE ITEM ON SEPTEMBER 23 AND DELIVERED THE ITEM 

do I have any recourse on getting my item back or forcing the buyer to pay 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: return question

You can't force the buyer to pay, but most people are reasonable if you are.

Send them a nice note - humor helps - that their item finally arrived.  Ask if they want to return it - you will provide a return label - or would they like to keep it and repay the refund that you sent? Perhaps waive the shipping cost.

If return, create a label at pirateship.com printed to a jpeg file and message it to the buyer.  If keep, agree on a payment method - paypal, zelle, venmo, paper check.  Whichever you agree on, you'll need contact info from your buyer.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can't force the buyer to pay, but most people are reasonable if you are.

Send them a nice note - humor helps - that their item finally arrived.  Ask if they want to return it - you will provide a return label - or would they like to keep it and repay the refund that you sent? Perhaps waive the shipping cost.

If return, create a label at pirateship.com printed to a jpeg file and message it to the buyer.  If keep, agree on a payment method - paypal, zelle, venmo, paper check.  Whichever you agree on, you'll need contact info from your buyer.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you. That was my plan. I could not find any eBay policy in this kind of situation. I wanted to check before I reached out to the buyer. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply