cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving packages that we didn't order

We received 3 separate packages this week (books) that someone else is ordering...but mistakenly using our address.  It doesn't appear that we've been charged but I'm tired of reaching out to the sellers to let them know.  One said that they'd contact the buyer.  Is there anyway to have ebay reach out to the buyer (automated assistant is NOT helpful)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: receiving packages that we didn't order

You can refuse / return to sender any unopened packages.

purpleguppy
Volunteer Community Mentor. eBay member since 1999

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks!  That's what my wife said  🙂

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@jms7153 

< return to sender any unopened packages >   

That would work if you aren't expecting any package at all, therefore certain it isn't yours.  But I receive packages frequently, some of them from eBay.  The sellers' usernames aren't in the return addresses, only their government names which I wouldn't know.  I won't know whether it's actually something I ordered until I open it and see what's inside.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes that's correct, it's probably unlikely one would realize it's from eBay and not something you ordered until after opening. And that's even if they include an invoice slip.  But the OP knows there are books coming in with presumably someone else's name, so that should be easy to spot.

purpleguppy

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hopefully the buyer realizes pretty quickly that they're not getting their packages and checks the tracking and/or checks their messages from the sellers. I don't think you need to do anything else at this point. The buyer may reach out to you to get the books as they know your address - I'm thinking it may be a wrong house number and they may be nearby. But they should provide all shipping labels to get the books back to them. If you see anymore incoming books with their name on it, you can return to sender. 

purpleguppy

Message 6 of 6
latest reply