cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to ship to Puerto Rico

I got an offer for yard art from a person in Puerto Rico. I said buyer pays for shipping in the listing. How does it work? I see how much it costs to mail the package and add it to the offer? Maybe I should just refuse the offer. It scares me a bit. Could it be q scam? I'm new to selling on Ebay. I have to reply in 24 hours. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

When the buyer makes an offer, they can not alter the shipping costs in that offer. The offer is only about the item itself. 

Puerto Rico is a US territory and is treated by the US post office like any other remote state (like Hawaii).  If you entered the package dimensions and weight while listing, the buyer will see the calculated shipping costs in the listing and must choose the shipping option when purchasing. Obviously, they can not choose local pickup, and if they do, you can cancel due to a "problem with buyer address".

Shipping by any other method, like Fedex or UPS, will incur substantially higher rates because those services actually do count distances into their rates.