cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove a positive feedback?

I am a new ebay seller, and learning a lot. I saw that you can remove some neg feedback every so often. but can you receive a positive feedback ?? I had someone complain about the smell of cigg, and I do smoke ,I told her I would send her a $5 refund for her troubles in the feedback area for everyone to see and I  have taken steps to keep all items in a smoke free room and in the process of setting up a smoke free office>but I have received a couple feedbacks about smoke , and I am not saying it couldnt happen , but I am just wanting to make sure that my offering a 5$ refund isn't making others say the same thinking I will issue them a refund.  Thank you for any feedback.

PS. I know smoking is a nasty habit and others are sensitive to the smell, getting ready to try to quit.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Positive feedback can not be removed or revised.

Good luck - you can do it! 

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The smoke smell will still go through the entire house. It will soak through everything.

You need to rent a storage facility to keep your items smoke free.

Coming from my experience in dealing with my deceased father's house .....4 coats of primer and we also threw away ALL Of his furniture and 3 new coffee pots still in the box. I'm just sayin'

One thing you could do is add that the items do come from a smoked in house to let buyers know ahead of time.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I am in the process of opening an office building that will be smoke free, and hopefully try to quit but , I am wondering if people see that I gave someone a partial refund and they kept the item, because the smelled cigarette smoke.I just don’t want that to be a reason for people to complain, thinking I will send part of their money back . 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

so would I just put in the details  section “Not a smoke free home”

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Buyers do not see this.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 6 of 6
latest reply