cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay report

I create a simple monthly spreadsheet, downloading all paid and shipped items from the previous month.  

I add 2 columns for total sales and actual shipping. The information for actual shipping is not available in this report. I have to add the info manually. I only do this for the items with free shipping, but it would be beneficial for every sale. Any suggestions would be helpful

ask about.pngend.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: ebay report

If shipping was charged to your ebay account, it is available with a transaction export on the spreadsheet.  The problem is there is no column for them, but listed are separate line items.  We have been trying to get ebay to add a column so they can be associated with a specific sale, but no luck so far.  Click on comment/tell us what you think and add your suggestion.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you 

That is what I was afraid I would find out. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I don't charge shipping to my ebay account to know, but if you do you might at least find something to link the shipping line item to the item sale line, like maybe using the transaction ID.  If so, then you possibly can manipulate the data yourself into the format you want. 

Ebay really needs to address this, but will only maybe if enough people complain.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Free shipping lol no such thing, as you well know. 

On this account, I figure those costs into my pricing.

But my day job is managing an eBay store for a recycling company. It took 2 years for me to convince the owner that free shipping would increase sales. I was allowed to change things I listed to free shipping. Did increase sales. But my work would significantly increase if all our listers switched to free shipping—even more work. There are paid solutions, but the owner will not go for that. And I don't have the skill to code and pull the data from the API. That is most likely how the paid solutions can do it. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply