cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Feedback Feature Is Inaccurate and Useless!

I am a movie distributor and I buy wholesale lots on eBay. I have a few regular distributors I use, and I won't buy from anyone who has less than a 99% rating, but lately, everyone has 100% rating! Recently, I bought a box of movies and I received a box of garbage. The merchandise literally looked like it was pulled out of a dumpster and I immediately filed for a refund. The user, couldn't understand why this KEEPS happening, told me that this was the third time, and not to bother returning them. The third time!?! How was I supposed to know this when this person has 100% feedback? Upset, I left negative feedback, and to my shock, it was gone a couple days later. Their feedback was once again 100% and they're once again free to send people trash. It's bad enough that feedback expires after a year, but how am I supposed to know if I am getting quality merchandise from a reliable seller or garbage someone pulled out of a dumpster, when everyone has perfect feedback? eBay may be able to see their seller levels and standards, but as a buyer, I can't, and therefore I have nothing to go on except for their feedback. As a quality seller, who takes the time and care to ship things out quickly and check every item that I receive, I'm tired of waiting a month for what I order, receiving trash, bootlegs, and items that I can't possibly re-sell. These people need to have some kind of accountability or they are going to continue to just rip people off and make them wait weeks for useless garbage. Their behavior harms eBay's reputation and costs good sellers business. I've been selling movies on eBay for 10 years, and all of a sudden, people want pictures of the actual item, of the back of discs, I get two dozen messages a week asking me if the item is real or a bootleg, and it's all a result of these other sellers, who keep selling trash and having their negative feedback removed. It isn't right and it's hurting all the good sellers. 100% is something that used to be hard to get and even harder to maintain. It is something that should be earned by top sellers who care and take the time to earn it, not something given out to every member who makes eBay a few bucks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)