cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay keeps rejecting my uploaded bank statement and government ID

I kind-of get why they want it, so I uploaded a scan of the complete first page of my latest bank statement (yes it's the bank on file). Then I upload front and back of my ID in color. Then I get a response for the ID that they need the back of the ID. Fine, I send it again. Then they reject it because they need it in color (which it was). So I send it again. Then they reject it because they need to see the four round corners (which they can) and need it in color. So I send it again. Repeat. So I send it again. Then they need it with higher resolution. So I re-scan it in 1200 DPI and color front and back on separate pages and crop it so it's huge for the seeing impaired. (I haven't heard back on this one yet). Now they reject my bank statement because they need to see bank name and address, my name and address, my account number, my transactions (yes you heard right), and the date in higher resolution. All of that was on previous uploads. So I re-scan the page one which has all those things in 1200 DPI and crop it to just include the requested info in an effort to make it bigger for the seeing impaired. Upload  it with a note that those requested items are on the upload. Still waiting to hear back. I'm really tired of this fracking nonsense. Has anyone else had these problems? It seems like they are just screwing with me at this point and I might point out that they have no problem charging my account for fees in the meantime.

Cooperating is one thing but this is just crazy.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: eBay keeps rejecting my uploaded bank statement and government ID

Yes, that absurdity does seem a bit over the top.  If this is anything like the kind of support I've dealt with at various large companies, a different agent will pick up the new info and won't look back at the file for the older info that was already submitted, or will overlook it when doing so.

If they come back with another request, I recommend that you submit ALL of the material yet again in one batch, rather than filling in the missing piecemeal scans.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Here's the newest response:

We can't verify the bank account you have on file, so we placed your account in rolling 30-day transaction holds. These holds won't impact your other selling privileges.

Your transactions will continue to be held for 30 days until you add or change the bank account on file and go through the validation process, which includes the following:
·Pass bank verification.
·Pass credit/debit deposits via microdeposits or “pay with my bank” verification.
Once you have completed this process, contact customer support.

Thanks for your understanding and quick action in resolving this important step

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This is beyond crazy.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lumen1783 

Does the titling on your bank account match the titling on your eBay account?

For instance, if your bank account is held under Kelly Q Smith, and your eBay account is Kelly Smith, the eBay account should be changed to Kelly Q  Smith. Your physical address should also match on both accounts.

Is this a small local bank or credit union? If so, does it partner with a larger bank to handle direct-deposit transactions? Have you asked your bank if there are any issues you need to work around for direct-deposit and debit?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply