cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay has sneakily unchecked the "Require Immediate Payment" box

Just noticed some, but not all of my 678 listings have had this requirement unchecked, unbeknownst to me.

I'm beyond aggravated, did I miss the memo somehow? Why would they do this to some, but not all? 

Now I have to manually check each listing in both of my stores to change it back. I am tired of these shenanigans, it's completely unnecessary and unprofessional on EBay's part.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay has sneakily unchecked the "Require Immediate Payment" box

inceptions_1-1680581280356.png

inceptions_0-1680581158023.png

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@schloopertz  Sorry you are dealing with this.     Keep in mind we are volunteers and not customer service so we can't answer "why" but only advise you on to deal with the sites quirks.  

Have you considered using Business Policies for payments?   Then you can just update the policy and check the immediate payment required box and apply the payment policy to all of your listings. 

It would save you a lot of time.  

You can opt in here:  

https://www.ebay.com/bp/policyoptin

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi @schloopertz 

No you did not miss the memo because there wasn't one.  That and some other default settings on the New Listing tool (PC version) are on my list of things to discuss with the the Listing Tool department on a future internet meeting with them present.  I learned the hard way that Best Offer is set to ON as a default for BIN - GTC format on the new tool AND I NEVER US BEST OFFER.  I learned that one when I started getting Offers on newly listed items.

My work around is to have Templates for various categories I sell in set up the way I prefer them ... I rarely have to create an all new listing BUT when I do I check everything as their agenda isn't mine ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Very interesting, thank you for letting me know about this, glad

to know I'm not alone in my annoyance about it!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

In your Seller Hub Active items list, use the check box to select all items and then click Edit above the list to edit the setting in bulk.

On the bulk edit page, select all items, then select Payment options from the dropdown.

Inceptions

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@schloopertz wrote:

Very interesting, thank you for letting me know about this, glad

to know I'm not alone in my annoyance about it!

@schloopertz   I am surprised Free Shipping isn't turned on as the default too ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for this, but I do not see "Require Immediate Payment" as an option in the bulk editor under payment options at all. I only shows managed payments. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

inceptions_1-1680581280356.png

inceptions_0-1680581158023.png

Inceptions

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you,

Super helpful for my other store where I didn't set business policies, however, it doesn't show up like this if you do, and I still cannot figure out how to delete my business policies and start anew-they seem to default every time I delete them.....

I should have done this in the first place rather than set business policies, thanks for this simple and easy advice!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply