cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Customer Service RIP

So sad that eBay has destroyed their outstanding customer service. The main reason I used eBay instead of other sites is because I felt safe. After a recent transaction, being taken advantage of by a dishonest seller and eBay doing nothing about it, I will no longer be using eBay to purchase items. eBay failed me and I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay Customer Service RIP

If you had filed an INAD, the seller would have to pay return shipping to have the item returned.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I did file an INAD and received a reply from eBay stating seller is responsible for return shipping. The seller replied to me stating he would not provide a return label, I would have to return the item at my cost to receive a refund. The cost to ship it back with a tracking number out values the item.  After that correspondence I have no way to contact eBay to update them about the sellers response. Seller did not provide a tracking number for the initial transaction and the expected delivery date is March 9th. If I do not return ship and provide a tracking number by March 1st ebay is going to close the case.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

the expected delivery date is March 9th. 

If March 9th is the expected delivery date, how can you file an Item Not as Described, since you haven't received it yet?  If you have not received your item by March 9, then on March 10, you file an Item Not Received case.  The seller then has 3 days to respond with a tracking number showing DELIVERED to you, or issue a full refund.  If neither takes place, you go back to the case and click Ask ebay to step in, to force the refund.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have received the item. Again, no tracking was provided, the item came way before the expected delivery date. Which means if I do not pay the return shipping and provide a tracking number by March 1st the dispute will be closed by eBay before March 9th. Bottom line, I was scammed and unlike before when I could call and explain to a person what took place I am left with clicking endless options that doesn't come close to solving my problem. I believe this seller knew how to work this to do exactly what they did. Ebay is going to become a haven for scammers, the only thing that prevented this from happening before was the conscientious customer service that would intercede on behalf of both buyers and sellers to keep everyone honest. Because of this I will be spending my money elsewhere.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

When you file a return case where the seller is required to provide a return label it's not a problem if the seller is in the US. If they aren't then they are unable to provide a label, however, they are still responsible for the return shipping costs. If they don't  send you shipping costs up front to cover shipping with tracking then go back to the case after 3 days and before 20 days and ask eBay for help.  If they see the seller isn't providing money or a label they'll step in and refund and tell you that you don't  have to return it.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It's been 4 days since I filed the complaint and I have no option anywhere to contact ebay to ask them to step in and help. I waited and today have looked at every page I could and nothing. There is no way for me to contact anyone at customer service. The only option they provided was to come here, so I did.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply