cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difficulty now to buy things. Why the change? What ever happen to the "buy it now " option?

When I see something I want to buy, I don't want to ADD TO CART, or go to a BLIND CHECKOUT, I want the BUY IT NOW option. What ever happen to that. The person that removed that option should be fired. Regards traze1

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

difficulty now to buy things. Why the change? What ever happen to the "buy it now " option?

I still see a Buy-It-Now button on listings that have that option. There are some auctions that lack that feature, though. And the option goes away in most categories when a valid bid is placed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you mean you wanted to commit to the Buy It Now price but pay later, that is still available on some listings, but for most either the seller or eBay chose to make Immediate Payment Required according to their own judgment because there are too many non-payers out there (including scammers).  If you click on the BIN button and are taken to a payment screen (if you mean something else by "BLIND CHECKOUT"  posting  screenshots would help us diagnose what you are running into; also if you are seeing a listing with an Add to Cart button but no Buy It Now button which is something I've never seen) it means either the seller or eBay chose IPR, the difference being if eBay requires it but not the seller you can "Request a total" for multiple items from that seller (assuming none of the other items are IPR by the seller) which commits you to pay and removes the item from inventory (ending the listing if it is just that single-item).

Message 3 of 3
latest reply