cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charges from seller after sale

The seller had not anticipated the cost of selling nor value of an artwork and after the transaction does not want to ship and would like to cancel the completed transaction. I'm getting frustrated as I don't mind sending the extra $35 dollars he finally requested but frankly I don't know how to do that. I called ebay and was very disappointed. Some lady with a thick accent suggested i get the sellers banking info and handle it that way and I know that is not ebays rules. HELP

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: charges from seller after sale

In this case, the advice was probably good although I would suggest PayPal/Venmo to pay the additional amount (or even a check/money order). The other option is for the seller to cancel the order, refund your payment, relist the item with the correct shipping and you purchase again.

Once an item is paid for, there is no way in eBay to send an additional invoice or request additional payment.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@carolwoolfgallery 

Sellers are not allowed to ask for more money after the sale.  

Even after you send the $35, there is no guarantee the seller will send the item. When you ask for a refund, eBay can only refund the amount you paid through them. The $35 extra is gone. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you. The seller must have investigated as the item is on the way with tracking. Previous record was 100% satisfaction and were planning to call ebay. Guess they got the message. Thank you for the reply. It was as suspected but I wasn't sure. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your answer. I guessed that scenario but wasn't sure. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply