cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel shipping after pick up

Had a buyer decide to pick up the items after I printed the shipping label. How do I cancel shipping so I can get paid?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: cancel shipping after pick up

@mgre6908 

Go to your shipping labels page and find the unused label. In the drop down actions menu is the option to void the label. You have 5 days to void USPS, UPS, and FedEx labels. eBay Standard Envelope labels are non-voidable once they have been printed. If it was a USPS label it will take up to 21 days for them to verify it was not used and send your refund. More details on the page below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/labels-packaging-tips/buying-printing-shipping-labe....

Since your buyer picked up the item, but did not select local pick up as the delivery method, you will not have proof of delivery. If you payment is on hold until delivery is confirmed you will likely have to wait for the full hold period before your payment is released.

If this happens again in the future it is best to cancel the order as you will not be able to change the delivery method after the sale. Cancel the sale using reason problem with buyer's address. Then list the item again with the correct delivery for the buyer to repurchase.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: cancel shipping after pick up

Awesome info! Thx

Message 3 of 3
latest reply