cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer abuse ebay policy and what to do after return case closed

Hi to fellow sellers out there who have experienced this. I had a recently sold a pair of lululemon pants on ebay and the buyer opened a return case based on the pants don't fit. I don't accept return on the listing. after the return has been closed for two week, she came back and now saying that the pants are see through and it is not as described and I need to provider her a shipping label even sent me screenshots of chat with supposed ebay customer support about me providing a shipping label for her to return. have anyone encountered such cases after return closed and what is best approach here and how ebay handles such cases? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: buyer abuse ebay policy and what to do after return case closed

@catherinezy I generally recommend that sellers offer remorse returns. This ensures buyers are happy with their purchase which may offer you a repeat customer, and you get your item back safely. Having said that, if a buyer is denied a return, they cannot open another return claim which is why they are asking you for a return label.

You can deny the return outright, but you do risk getting negative feedback which the buyer is entitled to leave you. Alternatively, you can tell the buyer you don't accept returns, but if  they ship it back to you, you will issue a refund minus the shipping. I think this is what customer service was recommending to do. it's your choice either way.

purpleguppy
Volunteer Community Mentor. eBay member since 1999

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If the original return case is closed, she can not open another one on ebay.  So just sit tight and hope she doesn't open one with the payment processor.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

thank you for replying to my message and I usually do accept remorse returns. but dealing with a health issue recently and didn't want to deal with the Hassel. but amazed at the extra length a buyer would go including fabricating messages with ebay. and not sure how ebay is handling things these days. makes me nervous. thanks again and happy selling!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

if she does open a case with the payment processer , would I get notified? I am not sure how ebay handles claims like this and never have to deal with this in the past. I remember the old days that I can call customer service and it seems like not possible now.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes, you would be notified, so just wait it out and see what she does, or take purpleguppy's advice to let her return it and hopefully avoid bad feedback.

Contacting ebay CS will serve no purpose in your case and it is always best to resolve these things without getting ebay involved and avoid any ebay penalty.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply