cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do if an eBay seller hasn't sent an item in a week?

I won an auction item on April 27, 2023 around 12:45 PM. I paid for it about 24 hours later. It has been a week now since I paid yet the eBay tells me the item is "awaiting shipment" still. This user has only sold one item before (I am assuming that number is for my item) and they don't have a message on their profile saying they are away or anything. There is no tracking number currently (am I wrong to assume that goes on before the packaged is shipped?).

eBay lists the estimated delivery between May 3 and May 8, 2023. I am worrying because it has never taken this long for an item to be sent (in fact, two other orders made on the same day, or after, have already been sent out).

Should I contact the seller now or wait until Monday the 8th? What should I even ask beyond "when is the packaging being shipped?"

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: What should I do if an eBay seller hasn't sent an item in a week?

Hi @haledonhal 

You only have to wait one day past the original estimated delivery date to file an Item not received claim, do this via the item in your Purchase history:  My eBay - Purchases

Follow the instructions on the claim to an eventual refund.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Should I not contact the seller first before filing this?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You could, but it probably won't do any good.

Ebay sends them reminders to ship the items.

Some new sellers jump into selling before they know what they are doing.

A day after the estimated delivery date Ebay gave you, open an Item Not Received case.
Go to your purchase history and click I didn't get it in the menu next to the item.
The seller will have 3 days to provide a tracking number showing it was delivered or refund.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Okay, I looked for the Item Not Received option on the menu next to the item in my purchases, but it doesn't show that option. Nor does it show when I look at the details for the purchase. I can see it as an option for another order I received before this item, however. Does this mean I have to wait for this option to appear or is there some other way I can report the item not received?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply